Good Morning Intrepid web browsers, and welcome to another Friday. So lets get this show on the road with this week’s Five Thoughts.
- The stomach flu is not nut fun. End of story. (It is however, a highly effective means of short term weight loss. 7 lbs in 2 days with no exercise. Top THAT, Nutri-System!)
- It’s nice to see that many municipalities around town have figured out how to solve their budget shortfalls. Fortunately, I have not been approached by the men with badges and flashing lights above their vehicles for a mandatory donation yet. (Probably has something to do with never being in a hurry to get to the office.)
- Less than 3 weeks after my return from my 4th of July vacation, NFL teams have reported to training camp. Summer is officially over. July used to be the middle of summer, not the end. WhenTheF*ck did this happen? I would like to file an official protest about this.
- Somehow “Texting while driving” is being debated in the news again. How is this even a debate? I have a text plan. I’ve never wanted to send a text while driving (Hell, I don’t even like talking on the phone). There’s something about the “Trying to look at the screen and type” that has just always seemed like an inherently BAD idea to me. I would imagine it would be even worse in a 5-speed.
- Shark Week starts on the Discovery Channel this Sunday. I love Shark Week. Probably not the BEST thing to be watching before going to the ocean in a few weeks, but what the hell.
Ok, that’s 5 thoughts and to steal Dennis Miller’s old line (WAAY OLD at this point…)……
I Am Outa Here!
Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday everyone. (Is that too cliche? I was aiming for cliche.)
It’s Friday, and that means it’s time for this week’s installment of “5 Things”.
- This has been a really long week. Can someone double check and make sure nobody snuck in a few extra days when I wasn’t looking?
- If the walk across the building (And it’s not that big of a building!) to the meeting lasted longer than the actual meeting, why on earth did we need to have it?
- There’s a fine line between writing about stuff that’s funny / silly / stupid, and accidentally dragging friends or family into the story. We’ve killed a couple possible topics to try to stay on the right side of that line.
- Football season is rapidly approaching, what happened to my summer?? Of course, the weather here lately has definitely been more appropriate for football.
- I’ve come to accept that the bigger/more anticipated the vacation, the sooner vacation mode will strike. I’m still almost 30 days out from a week in the tropics but yeah, vacation mode. Bad.
Have a great weekend!
Five things for a Friday (And a chilly one here, at that)
- I continue to be amazed that there were only minor injuries in a gas/diesel tanker crash and explosion on I-75 in metro Detroit. The fire took out an overpass, but there were only minor injuries. How does that happen?
- In the news this morning… NASA has apparently misplaced the Apollo moon landing footage. Yeah, because you wouldn’t keep anything like *that* with the important stuff. Sheesh.
- Heard someone talking about the return of a true “American” car in the Camaro. Didn’t have the heart to tell him it’s been built in Canada for a while now. (Oshawa Assembly)
- Every once in a while, you get a string of thoughts running through your head that are so far out of character, you wonder “Where the hell did that come from?!?”. Had that earlier this week.
- Channeled Captain Jack Sparrow the other day. Realizing that I had forgotten to get rum for the bar, the first thing out of my mouth was “Why’s the Rum gone?”. I need to get out more.
Have a great weekend folks!
So it’s been a while since anything popped up on the Twitter feed over on the side of the page. There’s a reason for that.
I um… lost the password and the email. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to get a “dedicated” email for the account so I set one up on Gmail. However, I had no desire to check another email address every day, so I had the bright idea to set it to forward everything to my main email.
As the Guinness guys would say, “Brilliant!”.
Until I went on vacation. And forgot my password.
Hey, no problem, I’ll just have it emailed to me… oh… wait. It wants my email address, but it says this isn’t right. Oh, $hit. That’s right, I made up a new one for this. What the heck was that again? Doesn’t matter, it’ll forward so I’ll just use the “username” option and….. (15 min later) “Why haven’t I gotten an email yet????”
I am happy to report that I have recovered my email address, (And the password reset instructions that were sent to it (which got flagged as spam and not forwarded) and should be able to start trying to use the Twitter feed again.
Back at it with 5 thoughts on a Friday here today…
- To the guys (or gals) that hacked and reprogrammed the road sign this morning, nice job – but you can do better. “Warning, Volcano Eruption” isn’t nearly as good as the Zombie warning someone pulled off down south earlier this year.
- I rolled into the office this morning, and have to walk past the coffee machine to get to my desk. I noticed there was NO COFFEE MADE (or brewing). Is someone *trying* to have an incident occur here?
- Saw a chair up on the concrete divider of the expressway this morning. So let me get this right.. After someone lost it on the freeway, someone else felt compelled to stop, pick it up(!), and put it up on the divider? I just don’t get it…. (In my defense, I had not had any coffee yet)
- As interesting and entertaining as the morning has been. Staying home and playing Madden football on the Xbox would have been better.
- A quick survey of the liquor cabinet last night revealed…. I need to go shopping! Guess what I’m probably doing tonight?
Until next time, have a great weekend folks!
And we’re back…
Sounds like a line from an old TV show, doesn’t it?
Vacations are over (who let us schedule vacations at the same time anyways? Doesn’t someone need to mind the store?), and I find we owe an apology. We missed not one, but TWO ‘Five Things’ columns. I had hoped I’d be able to get them done from where I was via the crackberry, but it just wasn’t working.
While we were away, America celebrated another birthday, several celebrities passed away, the NHL started it’s free agent signing spree (With the usual dubious moves) and most importantly…. the spammers helped run up our hit count.
I’d like to personally thank the spammers for that but please remember, no matter how many hits you give us I’m still not approving that gibberish you leave in the comments section. At least make it entertaining spam that’s worth reading, or make it porn, or something other than “cyslemahndn mnekelkahuuodnf” which makes us think the monkey fell asleep at your keyboard again.
Here are some of my favorite email spam subject lines:
Support team bothers – Um okay?
Next album on depositfiles – okay, Sweet!
Get woody of girls again! – woohoo!
Your car is in danger – Oh no!!
Hello! Outlay less together with me. – All your base are belong to us
Know what it means? – No, but please tell me!
The prices for fashionable watches are falling. – OH NO! What are we going to do?
Make your love torpedo drive all the way to her tanker. – DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!
Until next time, Keep crashing the net.
Posted in Uncategorized