Happy Friday, and welcome to the “Post-vacation, Pre-long weekend” edition of Five thoughts. Without further ado… here we go!
- It’s Labor Day Weekend here in the United States. So once again, get this grills ready folks. I’m pretty sure it’s the law. (People cooking on smokers can get a special qualifying waiver)
- The speed at which a nice vacation tan disappears under office fluorescent lights is truly disturbing. It’s also very sad to see it slip away that fast.
- Went to a fireworks display last night – you know it’s a good one when you feel the booms shaking the ground. The band that played before the fireworks was pretty good, too. Not a bad way at all to head into a holiday weekend.
- Coming to you “live” from the comfort of my own home today, not the office. I love long weekends. They should be mandatory.
- College football season is officially underway. That leaves only one important question. Is it time for cider and donuts at the apple orchard yet? Mmmmm…. Donuts….
- A bonus for the long weekend – Remember folks, BBQ is “officially” slow cooked over low heat coal (or smoke wood, etc), grilling is cooked over high heat flames/coals. Why do I mention this? Because whether you call it grilled or BBQ’d… if it’s good, enjoy it and stop arguing about it! 🙂
Have a great one folks, I’m Out!