Wow, it’s that time again already. At least we made it to another Friday, even if it is supposed to rain all weekend. So, in the immortal words of Elvis Presley (Sing it folks!) “It’s one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready” and… Five thoughts on a Friday! I know, I know… I skipped four. Hey, it isn’t in the song, either. Artistic license and all that.
- A question for the sports fans in Michigan. Why are you so quick to label the Tigers blowing the division a choke (it was), but so quick to defend your Red Wings who blew a 3games to 1 lead in the Stanley Cup finals? Instead blaming the refs, the media, the President of the United States, and anyone else you can think of. The Tigers choked, the Red Wings choked. Big deal, it happens. Deal with it. Hey, at least you don’t have to worry about your Lions. You know they’ll probably lose. (OK, that last one was a bit of a cheap shot, I admit it)
- It’s been a pretty slow week around here as far as spotting silly things to mock in this column. Still getting a lot of mileage out of the Somali pirate story though. That one needed it’s own post though. As a followup, we have a photo of the French Navy ship they tried to attack at the end of this page.
- This weekend is shaping up to be one of those weekends where you wish you were at work so you could goof off. There’s that much on the agenda – although most of it is weather dependent and will probably get rained out. Too bad that doesn’t make them go away.
- I’m a big believer in the “There’s a time and place for everything” theory. I also believe there are times you need to keep your freaking mouth shut. Noticing an issue that’s sure to piss off the boss is one of those times to keep your mouth shut. NOT TO BLURT IT OUT FOR THE ENTIRE BUILDING TO HEAR. Head. Desk. Slam. Thanks, thanks for making everyone’s day THAT much harder. Sheesh.
- I’m starting to see signs of Christmas decorations going up. Really folks, can we get to at LEAST Halloween before we worry about Christmas? Thanksgiving would be even better, but I’ll take Halloween. Next thing we know they’ll start going up after Labor Day!
Oh yeah, looks like a cargo ship to me!
Alright folks, enjoy your weekend! Where ever it may be.