It’s Friday again, and Beer’s here with five thoughts. Hmmm… Beer’s here. Reminds me of an old German drinking song:
“Bier hier, bier heir, oder ich fall um”
Anyhow…. on with the Five Thoughts
- Honestly.. Who thought up karaoke? Who thought it was a good idea? That’s the same time of thinking that lead to putting dart boards (The real ones with the metal tips) in the bars where people are drinking. Hmm… That’s where they put karaoke too. Bartender? Can I get a few of those metal darts for a minute or two please?
- Very few really good news stories this week. Sorry, but the hoax “boy in the balloon” story doesn’t even come close to last week’s “Pirates try to attack the navy ship” story. The news that the original drummer from KISS, (Peter Criss) beat male breast cancer was surprising to hear, but not something to laugh about.
- Now, having lamented the lack of good stories for the week, I swear that I could NOT make stuff like this up if I WANTED to. This one earns the “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?!” of the week.
- Halloween is closing in fast now. Everyone have their costumes picked out? Candy bought and ready to be handed out? Personally I’d like to thank the kids in my neighborhood for being so lazy, we don’t have to buy much candy since they can’t seem to be bothered to walk more than a few houses in either direction. FOR FREE CANDY! Hell, we used to cover what felt like half the damned city. We had to head home to empty out the pillowcases so we could co get more FREE CANDY! Lazy turds!
- RIP “Captain Lou” Albano. You were one of a kind, even in the crazy world of 80’s pro wrestling.
That’s it for this week folks, have a great weekend!