It’s Friday! It may be a cold, rainy Friday here, but a Friday is a Friday and that makes it better than a Monday if you ask me. So, without any further delays… it’s time for today’s Five Thoughts on a Friday.
- I can be really cranky about what constitutes an acceptable cause of a traffic jam on the freeway. Someone pulled over, or a crash on the other side of the road – Unacceptable. The mess today requiring 3 police cars, a fire truck, two flatbed tow trucks, and 3 ambulances? Perfectly understandable. (And is it just me, or do we always feel better somehow, almost justified when we realize the cause of the delay is something major and not a bunch of gawkers?)
- Had a rather large discussion about old television shows yesterday. We’re talking some of the old classics, back when “cheese” was good. These days it’s all this reality crap. And the reality stuff, just doesn’t strike me as being very real in a lot of respects. Have to say I agree with Homer Simpson on this one…. “Lobo… Bring back Sheriff Lobo!” (And since we’ve gotten into the video thing, you had to know THIS was coming, right?)
- Living near a fairly busy airport, I’m used to seeing a lot of commercial airliners overhead. Yesterday leaving the office, I certainly wasn’t expecting to see 3 A-10 thunderbolts come screaming over our parking lot. A small illustration on this:
Used to seeing:
- Gamespot recently wrapped up their “Greatest Video Game Hero of All Time” contest. You can see the results here. I’m not sure that’s what I would have come up with, but hey – it’s their contest. Maybe we’ll do our own one day. As long as I can list Tommy Vercetti from GTA: Vice City as a “Hero” (Or any of the GTA guys for that matter).
- Speaking of gaming, I hadn’t played it in a while and I had just about forgotten how immersive the open world GTA style games can be. Yes there are jobs/missions to be done, but sometime you just want to goof off. You know, kill some time with mindless fun – tearing around town seeing just how badly you can crash that car. And I *do* love the “get thrown through the front windshield because you had no seatbelt on” crash effect. Especially when it sends you hurtling off a bridge, hoping there’s water down below and not concrete!
Ok folks, that’s it for this week. Have a great weekend!