Don’t you just love it when TV networks use that line?
Ok, this isn’t really “Torn from a headline”. This is an ACTUAL headline.
Pirates hit navy ship ‘in error’
That’s a heck of an error if you ask me! Here’s the link to the article, the details of which make it even funnier.
Pirates hit navy ship ‘in error’. – BBC News
Some of the high points:
- The pirates mistook a French Navy ship for a target. How do they pick these things, cruise around going “That one looks good!”?
- They attacked late at night. If your operating on the “That one looks good” philosophy – shouldn’t you try to make sure you can tell what you’re attacking, first?
- Guess the French Navy doesn’t surrender at the first site of someone else with a gun after all. “Admiral Prazuck told French TV station La Chaine Info the pirates seemed to be surprised that the navy ship fought back.” There are far too many jokes here. So many I can’t decide if it’s a place for one of the running ‘France surrenders’ jokes, or if it’s a commentary on the pirates.
I think I know the truth though. I think I know how things went south… I’m pretty sure this was overheard during the exchange with the pirates (Although I’m not sure who said it, probably the pirates)…
BUT WHY IS THE RUM GONE????
It’s Friday again! And that means it’s time for…
Five Thoughts on a Friday!
Anywho… On with the Shoe!
- I think I may be one of the few people who still makes, and gets, Ed Sullivan jokes. Time to give it up?
- As I told my partner in crime yesterday – I don’t mind city workers not caring when I call to complain about something. I’m used to that. On the other had, if they’re going try to cite me for things “on my property” I do expect them to know *where* the property lines are. (So they can understand it wasn’t ON MY PROPERTY!)
- DirectTV has dropped Versus. This means that the National Hockey League (NHL) is now seen in about 4 homes in the United States.
- Remember when you were little, and you were always asking “why?” The adults always got annoyed with it. So why is it now that one of the more popular corporate “problem solving” techniques is the “5 whys”. Oh, so when we get older, NOW we’re supposed to ask why? Fine, here’s one for you… WHY don’t you just let the kids ask when they’re young and get it all out of their system / learn what they need to then? How’s that?
- Lasty… note to the on site cafeteria. One of the greatest smells in the world is bacon cooking. However, one of the worst smells is bacon burning. STOP BURNING THE BACON!
Have a great weekend folks!
The weekend looks like it might be gaining steam though, so that’s helpful.
So have we been working on anything? Yes and No. Yes we’ve been working on a few things, no we haven’t published it. Sometimes the ideas just don’t translate well when they get typed out. So we keep trying.
In the meantime, we’ll keep throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. Seriously, who came up with that analogy anyways? Do you really want the stuff that sticks? Do you even want the wall anymore after something like that? I’m thinking I’d be buying new drywall.
At the very least, I want to start doing more posts with pictures. That’s it for now, see you back here tomorrow For Five Thoughts.