No, I didn’t forget. I just lost track of time and didn’t have this written up and set to auto post. And no, I wasn’t out shopping. Anyways, on today’s Five thoughts on a Friday…
- I’m an HDTV household now. Nothing fancy, just a 19″ HDTV (And no, not the fancy 1080p either). Still, the difference on the Xbox is amazing. Just amazing. Now if that tv just didn’t look so ridiculously small occupying the space it’s 19″ predecessor seemed to fill so nicely. I also have to reprogram the universal remote now. Hope it works.
- Yes, I know people who DID go out shopping. How do you think we got the TV? I still think it’s nuts though, getting up that early the day after Thanksgiving. And here’s why…
- Yes, I believe it IS still possible to be full from yesterday’s dinner at lunchtime the next day. Is that a sign of eating too much?
- I’m still not used to there being a 3rd NFL game on Thanksgiving. I actually completely missed it. Who won?
- Today is the day after Thanksgiving. There’s no stopping the onslaught of Christmas commercials, music, etc. now. Of course, now that it’s the next holiday up on the docket, that’s ok. Before now, not so much.
Ok, that’s a fast five and I’m off to go make a turkey sandwich. Later folks!
So, Beer’s getting lunch at the coney island today and is just about turn and walk out the door with his take out when he hears the subject of today’s quick post.
“I need a saganaki to go!”
Exactly just *how* does one get saganaki to go, anyways? I’m sorry but “Flaming cheese to go” just seems problematic to me. Don’t you think?
Yeah. I want to see them put THAT into the little Styrofoam case my chili fries came in!
[picapp align=”none” wrap=”false” link=”term=brick+wall&iid=282799″ src=”0279/2d9ff865-7cb0-486a-a03d-83a8a1959b6d.jpg?adImageId=7633286&imageId=282799″ width=”480″ height=”480″ /]
See that picture? That’s me right now when it comes to posts. The meter needs money and I’m staring at a brick wall.
Oh, I’ve got a lot of post ideas. And a bunch of half written posts. Partly it’s to remember the idea (I’ll often come up with something and think “Great idea” only to go “What the heck was that idea again” when I want to sit down and write it up), and the other is a combination of things that just didn’t “work” for any number of reasons. Eventually I expect a lot of these will get published.
So this is where I end up with most of them right now. Hopefulyl the Thanksgiving break (and the food!) will give me some ideas. Ideally it won’t entail me trying to lop off a fingertip again, either!
The good (?) news… Tomorrow’s Friday! See Ya then!