As some local radio stations have started to play holiday music, I’ve found they play basically the same 12 songs over and over again. I love the holidays and I love Christmas music but I love more than 12 songs so every year I try to expand my collection. My recent addition has been the Christmas with the Rat Pack album. I have to say it ‘s a great addition to my Elvis, Brian Setzer and Harry Connick Jr. collection. As I listen to the tunes of this album I realize that these guys really are the definition of cool. I dare you to listen to it and not want to kick back by the fireplace while sipping on something “cold” to warm you up. Which brings me to the question I brought up to my fellow co-blogger, what happened to all the true entertainers and why did these guys seem to enjoy life so much. His answer, which I agree with, is best summed up in the following picture………….
And in closing…
Thanks to my partner in crime for filling in admirably (even if it was a bit late in the evening) last Friday. I loved his description of me being unavailable. Does this look unavailable?
That’s right, Margaritaville. Total tourist trap, but still fun. Skip the nachos though.
So what’s with this 12 days of Christmas crap you ask? Simple. 12 working days (ok, ok more like 11 and 3/4 or so as I write this) to go until Christmas Eve. Shopping is not an option for me on Christmas Eve, so anything that needs to get done need to get done in the next 12 working days. You have been warned folks! Time is running out.
So, to get you in the mood I figured I’d break out a Christmas classic in honor of the 12 days left till Christmas.
What? You were expecting Santa Claus is Coming to Town? That was on last night, you should have watched it yourself!
That’s it for now folks!
So I think my fellow co-blogger is unavailable again to do his Five for Friday. I think he does this just to get me to get off my dupa and start writing again. Well, here goes…..
- Anyone that knows me knows that I’m a holiday nut. I’ll watch any movie that has a Christmas theme tied to it no matter how bad it is. Well, I think I’ve finally found a movie that will end that streak for me…Deck the Halls. People, is there any other piece of junk movie out there worse than that one…Bah Hum Bug!
- Along those same lines, is there any more awesome movie with a Christmas theme than the original Die Hard! “Come out to the coast, we’ll get together, have a few laughs…”
- Where’s the snow dammit! Haven’t you heard what I’m dreaming of…..White Christmas!
- Hey Buddy! Here’s an idea…finish making your turn before you decide to open your car door and pour out your coffee! That way you won’t go bouncing up on the curb almost hitting a telephone pole and have an intersection of people staring at you!
- I’ve always said I’m a simple man with simple thoughts and here’s one. If we’re using all this stimulus money and extending unemployment benefits, why don’t we just offer full tax refunds for businesses to hire new employees? It would be a tax refund for hiring, hell let’s just say two people, and you need to keep them on staff for two years. So my simple plan would be refunding the business owners the full cost of two employees for the first year. That way we get people employed and hopefully start feeling comfortable knowing they have a job for awhile. I’m sure it can be shredded a hundred ways, but hey, I’m trying to thing think outside the box!
Okay, I’m done…hopefully I haven’t scared away any of our two normal readers. My partner in crime will be back next week…until then, keep crashing the net!