It’s Friday again. After a week like this it’s really pretty easy to understand the “Thank God” section of that saying. Anyhow, let’s see what’s on Beer’s mind for Friday. That’s right – time for 5 things!
- Hmm… Sales of music games (like Rock Band and Guitar Hero) seem to have cooled. Now, I don’t own any of them, but some friends do. They’re fun. The music in some of them is good. I’m just curious… they’re talking about a decline in sales. Could it have anything to do with there now being 852,763 different versions of basically the same game? I believe the word is “Oversaturation”.
- From the “This is kind of funny/smart department”. The US Airways plane that “landed” in the Hudson river is going up for auction. I guess they have to do something with it (It’s being auctioned off as salvage), and you just know that *someone* with too much money will want it for some reason.
- I need to take better notes. It never fails that I think of something and go “This would be great for Friday’s bit”, only to completely space on it later. I try to keep notes on my blackberry, the problem is I’m not going to type them in while driving. That whole “Not watching where you’re driving” thing that scares me. By the way, coming up with silly names for these (“The …. edition”), seemed fun at the time. Sometimes it’s really easy (like last week). Sometimes, it’s a real pain!
- We’re just over 2 weeks out from the Superbowl. Who will it be, I have no idea. I only mention it because once we get to the Superbowl, we’re about 2 weeks from the first official rite of spring. That’s right folks. As I sit here with snow and ice on the ground… We are roughly one month from the start of spring. Spring Training, that is. “Pitchers and Catchers report”, four words that help change the seasons.
- This made me laugh this morning. I’ve never made a secret of the fact that I play World of Warcraft. I was reading a Q&A article at Wow.com (a warcraft blog, go figure) and the subject of armor models on female characters came up. Let’s be clear here, it obvious a bunch of GUYS designed the female armor bikinis, er.. models. But what made me laugh was one of the tags they used on the blog. They actually tagged it with “Cleavage”. I mean… wow (no pun intended). I guess if you really want to drive your hit count up, that’s one of the tags that might help. Seriously though, it’s a video game! You want cleavage, go to Victoria’s Secret, or just read the entertainment blog at CNN. Maybe I’ll tag this post with it, just to see what happens.
Ok, that’s five and I’m looking at a short day today, so I’m out of here! Have a great weekend!