Good morning, and welcome to a snowy Friday morning. It’s time once again for Five Thoughts, so let’s get started.
- In a bit of a rush today, we’re being moved around at work. Apparently after several years, we’re now sitting in the wrong place. Who knew? The funniest part though? Some coworkers got moved yesterday. We played a joke on them this morning, and it’s currently lying in wait. Those are the best pranks you know. The ones that slowly develop and no one sees coming.
- Once I saw it, this one was basically a given: Are the Olympics ready for … pole dancing? I don’t know about the Olympics, but I know a bunch of guys who would probably say yes. And people thought my idea of racing 4 bobsleds down the track at once was far fetched…
- Saw a reference to a Florida Room, which isn’t usually a big deal. But it was by someone in Florida – Which begs the question, “People in Florida still have Florida rooms?? Don’t they by default have entire Florida HOUSES?” Just curious. Is the room with the really good air conditioning the “Michigan Room” or the “Canada Room”? And why does it have to be a Florida Room? Can’t it be a Georgia room? Or a Jamaica Room?
- I need to clear a couple of things up that I’ve heard about the impressive Team USA men’s hockey win over Canada that my co-blogger covered. It was NOT what NHL hockey should be. Unless you want a 6 or 8 team NHL with team payrolls around $220 Million each. And it was not ANYTHING like the Miracle on Ice in 1980 at Lake Placid. Those were kids beating arguably the best team on the planet. This was NHL pros beating NHL pros. Huge difference.
- And in what’s becoming a regular occurrence while catching the Olympic updates, I caught this gem on Wednesday of this week: “American Lindsey Vonn crashes in Giant Slalom and breaks finger – will not medal”. Well, thank you ESPN. All this time I thought crashing was HOW you get the medals in skiing. Instead of, you know, finishing the race with the fastest time.
Ok, that’s five for today and the movers are here. Guess I’ll go see what George and Weezie are up to.
Have a great weekend folks!