Good morning, and welcome to another edition of Five Thoughts. We’re in a bit of a chipper mood this morning, let’s see how long it manages to last.
- We were treated to coffee and donuts at work this morning. That’s good. It’s going to ruin the coffee drinking for the rest of the day. That’s bad. How, you may ask? It’s simple really. Even though it’s only Dunkin Donuts coffee, it’s orders of magnitude better than the crap here at the office. Trying to downshift back to that will be near impossible.
- I’ve been asked in passing why we don’t seem to comment much (if at all) about some of the celebrity scandals like Tiger Woods and the as of yesterday Sandra Bullock/Jesse James mess. Well, I look at it like this… First, there are about 80,000 other blogs already doing it. And, for the most part I just don’t think it’s funny. I also don’t think it’s news, or even worth the words I’ve wasted on it here in this post. So there we have it. That being said some of the jokes that do come of it make me laugh. Especially when the canned “Professional” denials and apologies start. Does anyone really ever believe any of that crap?
- Ok, with the all of the above being said…. This is just too easy to pass up. Pot, meet kettle:
(Link to the article I got this from)
James, whose real name is Veronica Siwik-Daniels, said she met Woods when she was working at a Las Vegas nightclub he frequented. She said he led her to believe she was the only woman in his life other than his wife.
“If I would have known everything that was going on, and wasn’t being lied to, I would have done things differently,” she said.
So… you were okay with a married man cheating on his wife with you, but you feel wronged that he was cheating on his wife AND you with yet even more women? Please. Some people would call what you’re experiencing karma. Deal with it.
- Time to rip on the NHL some more again. My co-blogger and I are hockey fans, have been for years and years. Here’s one of the problems that the NHL needs to address… When 2 long time fans have this type of conversation:
Beermaker: Wow, 8 game suspension for Wisniewski for his hit on Seabrook
Kingkeilbasa: I tell you what, I can’t figure out the NHL and their “rules”
Note to the NHL. When guys who were fans when people like Steve Yzerman, Ray Bourque, and Denis Savard were getting drafted are saying this, you have a problem.
- Now, you didn’t think I’d post today without some mention of the madness starting, did you? It’s just a teeny, tiny little basketball tournament. Although from the sounds of it, the brackets of half of my coworkers got blown up last night. Still, games kick back off at noon – everyone ready?
Ok, that’s five and I’m ready for the weekend. Besides it’s time to…. well, here..
PS – They’re probably too busy to read this but congratulations to Bre and Luis on the arrival of AJ!