Happy Friday again everyone! As we wind down a week leading into a long weekend for some of us, I find that my brain has already checked out (Heck, i don’t think it ever actually checked in today). As I go through the news of the week, I see that it appears to have been a widespread phenomenon. So with that in mind, let’s take a look at today’s Five Thoughts on a Friday.
- Much like the rest of my age group, I used to watch the Jetsons, and just like the rest of the people who watched I’ve always wondered where the flying cars were. Now that I see it though, I’m thinking this may be a bad idea. I mean, I think it looks really cool. Then I stop and think about the ramifications of letting any fool off the street log just 20 hours of seat time, and licensing them to fly one of these things. Think about how many hours upon hours of wheel time the idiots you encounter on the road every day have. Then think of them flying over your house every day. Yup. This will not end well.
- Let me get this straight…. Interpol catches someone they accuse of being a Russian spy. They arrest them. Then they let them go on BAIL? Now the alleged spy is missing. This is a surprise… how? Don’t these people watch spy movies? Did they think he was just going to sit around and wait? The spy always gets away!
- Good news everyone! No, not really. Apple’s apparently figured out the reason behind the large signal strength drops in it’s new iPhone. The reason? Turns out you never had that strong a signal to begin with! The phones are erroneously reporting higher signal strength than they should have been. That’s the tagline I’d want for my new product’s PR campaign.
- This just screams bad idea to me. I’m sorry, but it does. Then again, given the number of people who already don’t watch the road while driving…. Maybe we won’t really notice a difference if someone develops a car for the blind.
- Good News Everybody! The hole in the ozone layer appears to be recovering! Nah, not really. Turns out that means there’s more ozone mixing into the air layers that we all breathe as a result, too. So we’re still all gonna die anyways. Smoke ’em if you got ’em. Me, I’ll pass on the smokes. Just hand me that bottle of bourbon over there.
Ok, that’s five things and I’m off to enjoy a nice long weekend complete with fireworks, barbecue, drinks and relaxation. I hope. It’ll probably be tons of work around the house, barbecue, and drinks. Which still may not be that bad, I guess. Maybe it will end well, after all.
And on our way out, let’s just go with this one today….
Have a great weekend folks!