Howdy folks! here we are back at it again with another weekend staring us down. Friday morning is kind of like seeing the finish line, isn’t it? You may run out of gas before you get there, but you know you should still be able to coast across it and finish the race for the week.
- Sitting here this morning enjoying a French Roast coffee from the new coffee shop by the house. Quite enjoyable. Needed a little bit of a break from the… what would be lower than “swill” be? That’s how I would describe the coffee at the office. The french roast though? Nice. And it isn’t Starbucks. No offense, just don’t care for the coffee there. Something about just doesn’t sit right. The fact that this came from Biggby, which is based in my home state? A nice little bonus.
- There’s been some NHL news lately. No, I’m not going to get into the whole Kovalchuck contract thing and the resulting “The sky is falling” speculation of some writers and bloggers. I’m talking about something else. Just when you didn’t think the NHL could do much else to shoot itself in the foot, out comes this tidbit. The Prince of Wales Trophy that was at the recent Blackhawk fan convention had the wrong team engraved on it! Um, guys? You might want to proofread those things before they go out.
- If you’ve ever wanted to see some guy’s “Man Card” revoked, live on the air. Here you go. ESPN and the fine folks on the internet have just been destroying this guy, and I’m certainly not going to stick up for him. This morning, news is out that maybe they aren’t a couple anymore. I wonder why…?
- In the completely self indulgent department… We recently got new trash and recycle bins from the city, as they’ve changed trash services and we now have those bins that can be picked up automatically by the truck. This means I no longer have to use my old recycle bin that the city had issued. What do I do with it now, I wonder? Give it back? Recycle the recycle bin?
- A while back we did our “On the Internet” post. We meant it as honest advice, even if we tried to do it in a bit of a silly manner. Seems it’s still valid. If a guy like MythBusters (A favorite show of mine) host Adam Savage can make an honest mistake with what info gets online, any of us can.
And with that, I’m punching the clock and ending the week on this blog post. Especially since we’re operating half staffed today. Since the King loves to point out me being gone when he fills in on a Friday, I figured I’d return the favor. See, he’s gone all Clark Griswold on us this week. Loaded the clan into the family truckster and all. Hope Wallyworld wasn’t closed when you got there man!
So in honor of my co-blogger’s road trip adventure:
(Edit – I have NO idea why the embedding on the video isn’t working. Everything looks right. It’s supposed to show Holiday Road, by Lindsay Buckingham. You know, the Theme from National Lampoon’s Vacation.)
Have a great weekend everyone!