Good morning folks, and welcome to another edition of Five Thoughts. I was going to call it the “Return of the King” edition, since the King has finished terrorizing various parts of the country with his vacation, but he isn’t here writing this post, so….
Besides, as I mentioned in my post earlier this week – It’s Dream Cruise time! So with that in mind, off we go!
- Starting of with a bit of automotive news… First it was Chevy dealer is ratcheting up the price on the Volt, now a Nissan dealer is saying there won’t be as many Nissan Leafs as originally thought. Not the type of press EITHER company needs or wants with regards to real departures from their normal business model.
- Sticking with cars for a while. I’d say that this one probably came from the Captain Obvious department, but I guess it’s official now. NASCAR apparently poses a real hearing risk. Gee, a bunch of really loud race cars is a hearing risk? Who knew?? They probably had a really hard time figuring that one out, huh?
- Looks like we’ll go “all car related” for this week’s post. This one is a real head shaker. I imagine there’s got to be a heck of a lot more to this story, but yes… Alcohol was involved. Along with a license that expired 33 years ago, and driving 11 miles without a tire on one wheel. That’s…. Yeah. I don’t know what else to say, either.
- One of the places that the King checked in from during his hijinx this past week was “Cooter’s Place“. Considering the Dukes of Hazard features one of the more iconic television cars of all time, I’d say it fits with this week’s car theme. We won’t discuss the movie.
- And since this *IS* the Dream Cruise edition… If you can’t make it, here’s the Detroit News webcam of Woodward Avenue. You can watch some of it online and see the cars go by. Enjoy the view, just try not to get the bug to buy a hot rod!
Okay folks, that’s five and we’re out of here to enjoy the weekend! Since we were all about cars in this week’s Five Thoughts, I can only think of one song that seems totally appropriate, if a bit silly.