Howdy folks, and welcome to yet another Friday morning (whatever time it may be as you read this). Let’s jump right in, shall we?
- Had one of those mornings where life is giving you all kinds of hints you should just stay home. So as I’m more or less cursing myself as I’m getting in the car to head to the office. Start the car, and the radio starts. What’s on? That 60’s classic… “It’s a Beautiful Morning” by the Rascals. If not for coffee – my car probably wouldn’t have a radio right now.
- Diving into current events a little here…. I know this is a hot button issue and I’m not going to debate the pros or cons, right or wrong of anything. I just want to point out one small thing… The backers of a proposed Islamic center near ground zero are expressing regrets about creating a firestorm with a plan they thought would be simple and noncontroversial. To these folks I only really have one thing to say.. Whoever does your public relations? Fire them. Fire them right now. Fire them out of a cannon if you can. This whole thing had PR NIGHTMARE! DO NOT OPEN! written all over it.
- I like this story, plain and simple. A Carolina Beach restaurant has adopted a “No Screaming Children” policy. Yes, you can still bring children there, but if they are screaming and carrying on, you’ll be asked to take them outside to calm them down. If I’m ever in Carolina Beach NC, I’ll definitely make it a point to patronize this establishment. And yes, as a child I was hauled out of a restaurant/church/store when I was being disruptive. Been there, done that.
- Yeah, I can’t see Clint Eastwood playing Superman or 007 either. Apparently he was asked though, and turned them down. Granted, since he looks like he could still kick a lot of people’s rear ends… had he said “yes”, I’d probably agree with that decision too!
- Speaking of movie decisions I do not agree with. I disagree with the very thought of them remaking this one. I like Jeff Bridges as an actor very much. Jeff Bridges is no John Wayne. But he’s starring in the lead in a remake of True Grit anyways. This quote from Matt Damon (also in the remake) fills me with confidence, too. “I’ve never even seen the original John Wayne movie”. Oh good. Well, I probably won’t see this one, so we’ll be even then!
Ok folks. That’s five and I’m off on a coffee fueled bender for the rest of the afternoon. As I was wondering what to close with earlier this week, I was sorting through my typical early MTV/New Wave type of selection when it was mentioned out that I tend to ignore some genres. I would like to point out that while I do consider myself an equal opportunity offender – I just don’t follow some types of music as closely as others. Still… This one is a bit of a departure from the usual…
Have a great weekend folks!