Well, as normal as we ever get around here, anyways.
Howdy folks, and welcome to another Friday. You’ll notice JR isn’t leading this one off this week. No, we haven’t gotten rid of him. Based on some of the feedback we’ve gotten, he’ll be sticking around. Just need to work out what his role will be exactly. Plus he can be a real diva to work with.
Anyways… On with the topic at hand!
- This is almost bordering on becoming a weekly topic of it’s own. Our fine friends at the state department of transportation are at it again. Warning drivers this week that “Fall is here. Don’t veer for Deer.” I’m not making this crap up. I really wish I was. Note to state employees. This is Michigan. We have lots of deer in this state. And they happen to live here YEAR ROUND. They don’t just move in in the fall.
- No we didn’t talk about hockey last week. No we didn’t forget it was starting. Being based in southeastern Michigan though, everyone knows the real hockey season starts somewhere after the first of the year. Everything before that is just warm ups.
- All you fitness conscious folks?You’d best look away for a moment, because this seems like a wonderful idea to me! A week devoted to Bacon! (Link is to a PDF version of the menu for the week). A bacon martini, maple bacon ice cream, bacon on a stick, and pork wrapped in bacon are just a few of the selections. I think I gained 5 pounds just writing that.
- Jumping back to sports for a moment here. Going into this week’s NFL contests, will anyone who honestly thought the Detroit Lions would have the same number of wins (One) at this point of the season as the the Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys please raise your hand. Anyone? Yeah, me neither. Looks like the magic may have finally run out for old St. Brett.
- Lastly, and speaking of Saints….. 70 days till old St. Nick heads out. Don’t say we didn’t warn you folks! Perhaps even more urgently though… Do you have any Halloween candy yet? You have a little over 2 weeks (16 days as of this writing). Which is also plenty of time to dig up a Vincent Price laugh recording to scare all the wannabe vampires, too.
Here – just queue this up on a loop on Halloween. Instant spooky soundtrack. Let’s see one of those little sparkly suckers sound like this….
Okay folks. That’s five and we’re out of here. Have a great weekend!