Folks, JR was gonna be back this week. And if you want to see him you can go right here. The video embedding isn’t working though, so he’s on the back burner again for now. I’m not gonna answer the question he asked about missing him, either. I have to say one thing though, he was right that there were some real winners in the news this week.
- Congrats to the department of transportation for almost getting it right on there silly traffic slogan for the week. In what is becoming a running commentary here at the Beerbarrel, we found this weeks “Save lives, don’t text and drive” to be a marked improvement. Just two quick thoughts… You failed to mention that it’s also illegal to text and drive. Also, since you seem to be changing every week now, please don’t follow up the don’t text and drive with the got to our website for traffic info one! That would be… yeah.
- I was reading this story, and it just had that whole “I’m not getting thrown under the bus alone” vibe to it. So, is Virgin Atlantic telling the truth? Or is US Customs? I’m sure it’ll come out. And if you were one of the people on the plan.. you don’t care who’s to blame you’re probably just still ticked off!
- There are two really bad things about reading that the End of the Earth has been postponed from it’s date in 2012… One, it means that there are a bunch of plans I need to change for the next two years, and two… I have that R.E.M. song stuck in my head now!
- So the Vatican says that Homer Simpson is actually a Catholic. Now, as the King pointed out to me… “They’re worrying about this now… Why?”. But still, I gave it some thought and came up with some more mainstream/real world reasons than they did.
Homer drinks a lot of beer. Just like a lot of Catholics I know. Nothing wrong with that. (See: Knights of Columbus)
Homer is rarely, if ever, seen in a Catholic church. Check.
Homer loves going to the all you can eat fish restaurant. Check.
Homer thinks Sundays are for football. Check.
Well.. let’s just stop there before we get ourselves into trouble.
(Sounds like a lot of Catholics to me though)
- You know, there’s “really want to see the game bad”, and then there’s “use your military uniform and TWO M-16 ASSAULT RIFLES (unloaded) to bluff your way into the game bad“. Yes, Michigan/Michigan St. is a big rivalry game. yes they were both undefeated at the time. But really?? And nice to see security was really on the ball there. Yeah, I’m with the color guard. Yeah, that’s it. The color guard! And the guy in line behind you with the half barrel keg is with the beer vendors, right? Sheesh.
Ok, that’s five and we’re out of here. Let’s see what we can dig up for today to head out with…. Since we mentioned and linked to a music video earlier, how about this one in honor of the Mr. army football fan?
Have a great weekend folks!