Happy Friday folks, and welcome to the “Last” Friday edition! No, No, it’s not the last Five Thoughts we’re going to do. No, it’s not the last Five Thoughts were doing on Friday either. We aren’t switching days. Besides, Five Thoughts on a Monday just doesn’t have the same “ring” to it. And no, we’re not even talking about last Friday, as in last week. No, today’s title is in honor of it being (for me at least!) the LAST Friday of the work year. And that’s a good thing. So let’s get rolling!
- It’s been snowy up here. And cold. And with that being said, it’s time to get into the “no matter how many times…” stories that this type of weather brings out. Still… Let’s say it again folks. DO. NOT. USE. PROPANE. TANKS. INDOORS. And let’s just clarify a little here. That includes a closed garage. Because I’m pretty sure your homeowners insurance (or your neighbors!) is going to want to talk to you when your 100lb propane tank…. KNOCKS THREE HOUSES OFF THEIR FOUNDATIONS.
- It’s a banner year for Beermaker. It’s December 17th and I’ve actually already started Christmas shopping. That’s real progress for me!
- I just have to include this, for obvious reasons.
And they didn’t even need to use a propane tank!
(And with that roof collapse, it now looks like Brett Favre will see both his consecutive game streak *and* his career end in Detroit)
Did you know? Brett Favre saw his NFL ironman streak end in the same city (about 1.5 miles down the road) from the site where Lou Gehrig took himself out of the lineup to end his MLB streak?
- In some amusing news today… Dan Aykroyd says he could have seen John Belushi on Broadway doing stuff like Shakespeare. Well, he knew him so I guess I’ll have to take his word for it. Because when I think of John Belushi I mostly see more of this:
Somehow, I’m not seeing Shakespeare.
- Seeing how it’s the holiday season, and our very own Kingkielbasa got the “let’s ruin your diet with holiday goodies” train rolling a few weeks back…. This week, it’s Eggnog! Seriously, I can hear a bunch of you gagging already. Tell you what, here’s what you do… Put down, and pour out that mass produced stuff you bought that carried the local supermarket brand. Go find yourself a local dairy, or a good upscale market, and get the real stuff. The good stuff. The stuff that defies having rum or bourbon mixed into it. That’s what we’re talking about. Or, read the article and try some of those recipes. And what isn’t to like about that article? It even links to that story about crazy kids trying to get high on nutmeg!
Ok, that’s five for the last Friday of the work year, and I’m out of here!
As I look out the window and see the snow falling, I think it’s time for re-run of a favorite Beerbarrel video.
Have a great weekend folks!