Howdy folks, Happy New Year’s Eve!
I almost forgot to do this one today. I didn’t realize it was already Friday. Still, here we are an let’s get at it shall we?
- Once again, I just want to say this. Drywall dust goes everywhere. It doesn’t matter what you do, there’s no containing it. And along those lines, there’s nothing worse than trying to fix up drywall in a room, only to come to the realization that it would have been less trouble to rip the old drywall down and start from scratch. My home improvement project for the past week still isn’t done s a result.
- Another delay was caused by me having a reason to visit the dentist this past week. There were no cavities to be found, I’m happy to report. Still, what a choice huh? Mud and sand drywall or go have someone poke and scrape at your teeth with pointy metal objects? Yep, I was living the dream!
- Speaking of dreaming. I understand all the financial indications and talk of recessions and all that, but on a recent visit to a casino in Detroit… the place was packed! Apparently people are dreaming of paying off the mortgage by hitting it big at the casino. Yep, they’re dreaming all right. (I checked the back of one of the slot machines there… I think it said it was made by shop vac, and from what I saw they acted like a shop vac, too. They just suck the money right on in!)
- Tomorrow is New Year’s Day, and that means one thing, and one thing only.
Hangovers!Football! I think the best game nobody really expected to see is going to be Michigan State / Alabama.
- Last but not least, here’s to a happy and safe New Year’s Eve, and a happy and healthy new year to everyone from us here at the Beerbarrel. What will 2011 bring? Who knows, but we’re about to start finding out.
And that’s 5 and I’m heading off! Yes, it was short. Hey, I’m on vacation! Plus I still have to go work on that stupid drywall some more.
I know it’s a day early, but what the heck… Haven’t done U2 before