Howdy folks, and welcome to the Five Thoughts with quite possibly the longest title ever. What does it mean? Check the first video at the end if you can’t figure it out. And a-waaaay we go!
- I have to start with this one. Just have to. Flooding is bad. Looting during flooding is even worse… But being told to stay out of the water because of bull sharks being spotted in the floodwater? That’s just… yeah, just… yeah.
- I’m sitting here looking out the window at it snowing again. We got a decently snowstorm this past Tuesday as well but you know what? The days are already starting to get longer. We’re still in the grip of winter no doubt, but help is on the way. As I’ve said on this very blog before, there are 4 words that usher in the coming of spring. And it won’t be long now until we hear them… “Pitchers and Catchers Report“.
- So last weekend Seattle, who a lot of people didn’t even want in the NFL playoffs let alone hosting a playoff game, manged to beat the defending champion New Orleans Saints. Frankly, I don’t have a problem with them hosting a game at all. There’s one way to guarantee that you make the playoffs and host a playoff game in the NFL. You win your division. They did that. So the division was horrible and they finished 7-9? Oh well. They still won. Life isn’t fair, either.
- Speaking of the NFL playoffs… Looking at potential matchups, I noticed it would be possible as of this writing, if the games played out the right way for the Green Bay Packers to win it all by beating the Eagles, Falcons, Seahawks, and then the Ravens. Holy Poultry! Now, I’m not saying they will. I’m just saying that as of this writing, it’s possible. Has there ever been a bird themed run like that in the playoffs before? And why do I notice and/or think of things like that?
- Ok, I know this one seems too easy but I can’t pass it up… Where’s Yakov Smirnoff when you need him. My co-blogger filled in for him though with this description… “In Russia, fox shoots you!”. And it really did.
Alrighty folks. That’s five and I’m out of here. I need to get ready for some dinner plans for the weekend. I know this great place for cajun food and drinks…
Given the title we went with this week, there was really only one choice….
Ok, that’s not entirely true. This would work quite well, too…
Have a great weekend folks!