Howdy folks! It’s Friday, so that means it’s time to welcome you all to another edition of Five Thoughts. We’re having a hard time focusing on anything but the sunshine outside the window right now, so let’s see what type of wacky stuff we can come up with today!
- Proving that nothing we say here get’s taken seriously… We called it silly last week, but a group in Detroit now has the funding it needs for a Robocop statue for the city. No word yet on where it will go. Hey, at least is some PR for the city. Hmm, we call something silly and it gets funded. You know what else is silly? The Beermaker needs another fancy vacation fund. Yeah. That’s definitely silly. Feel free to fund away!
- Anytime you remake or modernize something, there are going to be critics. Don’t believe me? Fine. Why don’t you ask Optimus Prime from the Michael Bay movies. New York City gave him a parking ticket!! This makes me think of two things… The Pace picante sauce commercials where they yell “NEW YORK CITY!” and the late, great Rodney Dangerfield’s classic line. “No respect!“
- Other than mocking, we try to steer clear of political topics here at the Beerbarrel. That being said, let’s mock away. Hey, South Carolina? You planning on trying to do this a little bit at a time this time around instead of all at once? Either way, here’s some free advice. Leave out the firing on Fort Sumter this time folks!
- How. How is this even possible? “Doctors Remove Knife From Man’s Head After 4 Years“. And when I ask how, I don’t mean how did they doctors do it. I mean “How do you get a knife blade in your head and not realize it’s there for FOUR YEARS??????”
- Some days life in the office just makes it hard to get these posts done in time. Especially when warmer weather has links like the Autoblog article about Motor Trend running 3 sub $100,000 supercars against each other going around in emails. Somehow, that drive in the 4-door (which is actually a really nice car!) just seems incredibly boring now.
Well, we’re in a silly mode today. Suffering from spring fever as we mentioned. So here you go!
Now, get out there and have a great weekend folks!