Howdy folks, and welcome to the latest installment of Five Thoughts. As you may be aware, today is the day after St. Patrick’s Day. What you may not be aware of is that today is also a little known holy day/holiday/day of observance. Yep. Today is the “Feast of the Holy Hangover”. I do my best not to celebrate, or even observe it though. Anyways… Let’s get started, shall we?
- I’m just going to lead right in with this one. And as my co-blogger put it “I don’t even have to read it. Every year, same thing”. And he’s right. But there is stupid as can be, and then there is “Hey! It’s been warm for a week, and today it’s 65 degrees! Let’s go ice fishing!” off the chart stupid. Yes. You read that right. Yesterday in southeastern Michigan, it was 65 degrees. And people were out on the ice. Naturally, the coast guard had to go get them.
- Okay… how on earth do you transition away from that type of stupidity? How about with some sarcasm? I’m pretty much sarcastic and cynical by nature these days, so when I saw a post on Autoblog Green with this title “Study: $5/gallon gas could overload public transit system in U.S.” my immediate reaction and thought was “WHAT PUBLIC TRANSIT?” Yes, I know. Then I read the article, and despite the headline, it seems the author might be slightly of the same mindset, considering the last line in the article. “Saving money by switching from personal to public transportation is a good idea – but only if there’s an available ride.” Yeah, I would agree with that.
- You know, there are some days when the writer’s block really kicks in. That would be today… and on top of it all, the usual places I tend to draw ideas and stories from seem to have dried up as well. Still, every once in a while you do find a little gem here or there. Like this one from USA Today “Politicians: Think before you click ‘tweet’“. Folks, two things… That would really apply to anyone, not just a politician. And second… Politicians: If you’re just now trying to figure out new age social media like twitter? You are way behind the curve there folks. Better hire some teenagers to get you up to speed. Just um… Don’t let them tell what what to tweet, just explain how it works. And no tweeting from the crapper!
- Had to laugh at the person on the radio this past Monday. Having just switched to daylight savings time Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, This guy was going own about setting the clocks back. And he was going on about it every time he gave out the time. This tells me a few things.. There must not have been anyone else in the studio listening, because nobody stuck their head in the door to correct him (or maybe they were just letting him be an idiot on the air on purpose), and second – he probably gets his time from a smartphone that automatically updated itself. Remember people… Spring forward, Fall back. This Sunday will be the first official day of spring, so the clocks all went forward. Not back. Sorry dude.
- Speaking of spring, I heard a rumor recently that there was some little college basketball thing starting up? Some sort of tournament or something? has anyone heard anything about it. I can’t seem to find any news about it anywhere.
Alrighty folks, that’s five and I’m… What’s that? Yes. That last post was a joke. Of course I know about the NCAA tournament. You think I live under a rock or something?
Ok, now I’m out of here. Have a great weekend folks!
What? You thought you were getting out without some crazy Beermaker picked video? Not a chance! This one should really blow your mind.