Happy Friday everyone!
Yep, you read that title correctly. Today is April 15th, 2011 here in the U.S. and that means, it isn’t tax day! What’s that? No, I’m not smoking anything. It’s actually true. Today is not tax day. Read on to find out later in the article.
- I’ll start with this one today. As you can see from our last post, we’re in full NHL playoff mode around here this week. And you can truly tell the it’s playoff time when you notice things like this….
Last night, I was going over the game preview for the Montreal/Boston game. And on the injury report for Montreal is this entry:
MTL: Max Pacioretty (Lower Body)
Yeah. THAT Max Pacioretty. The guy that got destroyed by Zdeno Chara. So let me get this right… he got run into a dasher head first, and injured his lower body?
Yeah…. that looks like a lower body injury to me. I’d have listed it like this:
MTL: Max Pacioretty (Do we REALLY need to even mention it?)
- Okay, now with that out of the way… On to the silly (Although thinking ANYONE believes “Lower Body Injury” is pretty silly, if you ask me). Such as this random thought from Beermaker’s Brain:
“Hearing Jimmy Buffet cover Jimi Hendrix is just weird” I mean, Jimmy Buffet’s live version of “The Wind Calls Mary” works, and it’s cool, but hearing a guy famous for playing mellow gulf type music doing a song by a guy famous for a screaming electric guitar? Things I just never would have figured.
- So let me get this straight…. China is banning time travel shows, among other things, on television in that country…. but 3-d porn is apparently okay. (And yes, I know Hong Kong is a bit different from mainland China. I’m going for a joke here. Work with me people.)
- I was going to put something here about surprise that two longtime soap operas were being canceled (and I guess I sort of just did), but I don’t watch those so it doesn’t really impact me much. Besides, I want to tell a little story from a walk at lunchtime the other day. Because when else do you get to type what I’m about to?
I was walking by the pond at our office up here and there were a few geese. One goose, being aggressive/defending it’s territory/whatever sort of went after another goose. And that’s when it happened…
I saw a goose goose another goose.
And never in my life did I think I’d get to write a sentence like that!
- And finally… Today is April 15th, traditionally “Tax Day” (The day your tax return to the U.S. government needs to be postmarked by). Due a hitch in policy and the calendar, this year the deadline to file is April 18th. So this year, April 18th brings just one more reason to hate Mondays. Your taxes are due.
Ok folks, that’s five and I’m off to finish off some things here at the office before I venture off into the weekend and mid-life crisis land! And be sure to check back next week, when Kingkielbasa will be filling in with his second annual Good Friday edition (which will probably be posted Thursday night).
Have a great weekend!