Howdy folks! If you’re reading this, it means we all made it to another Friday. (And thanks again to the King for filling in for me last week while I was off on another boondoggle) That has to count for something, right? Let’s get started with it, looks like it might be a bit of a busy day today….
- I heard there was some sort of wedding going on this morning, but I couldn’t find a single thing about it. Guess the NFL network doesn’t cover weddings.
- I can see why sports drafts like the NFL’s first round last night can be so appealing to people.
- It’s always amazing to watch these generally smart, disciplined general managers freak out when an unexpected early pick blows up months of planning.
- Then again, the saying goes.. “It only takes one team to fall in love with a player”. Take the Vikings, QB’s were going off the board so the went out and grabbed one they liked.
- And let’s be honest here. Despite all the “grades” you’ll see about drafts. They’re all a bunch of $h!t. After all, Matt Millen generally got really good grades for his drafts when he was running the Detroit Lions. You know, the only team that ever managed to go 0-16?
- It’s nothing compared to the tornadoes that ripped apart the south, but all the rain I’ve gotten at the house has me thinking I might need a machete instead of a lawn mower to cut the grass in the back yard at the rate it’s been growing this week. I know one thing that will be on the weekend to-do list for sure. Mow the lawn. Yep, spring must finally be getting here. Boo. More work.
- I don’t know if it’s an extension of the building problems we had yesterday here at the office, or if someone turned a 2 year old loose on the switch but the lights keep getting turned on and off here at the office. Waiting to see someone have a seizure here because of it. Lights go on, lights go off. Lights go on, lights go off. Lights go on, lights go off. Lights go on, lights go off. Lights go on, lights go off. You get the idea.
- Gotta get those picks written up for the 2nd round of the NHL playoffs later today. Make sure to stay tuned and check back for that. Since I’ve already proven to not be very good at picking, but hopefully my reasoning is silly enough to be entertaining.
Ok, that’s five quick thoughts for today. We’ll have the picks up shortly, too. In the meantime, what I’d RATHER be doing this weekend instead of mowing the lawn…
See you soon for the picks. Have a great weekend folks!