Howdy folks welcome to what could possibly be the last Five Thoughts on a Friday. What? No, we’re not throwing in the towel or anything like that. It’s the whole end of the world thing. We aren’t pulling the plug on the blog, but the plug may be getting pulled on mankind. Or not. I know I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. Let’s get started, shall we?
- There’s a group out there saying the world will end on May 21st. And THIS TIME they know they’ve got it right. Turns out they got it WRONG back in 1994. Warning though, some of the stuff in the article can make your head spin. And not in the Exorcist sense.
- The CDC (Center for Disease Control) has gotten in on the apocalypse talk. Of course, they were referring to the Zombie Apocalypse. I think it’s great to see a government agency having a little fun, and getting some good info out there at the same time.
- Of course, I love a good apocalypse, but I just don’t get the whole Zombie fascination. How and when did the Zombies become the “hot” thing to cause an apocalypse?
Why not Vampires? Oh, that’s right vampires aren’t scary anymore thanks to “Twilight”. Now they F***ing SPARKLE in the sun. If that’s not a sign, I don’t know what is!
- Not the end of the world, but one step closer to the end of an era. The Sahara in Las Vegas is closing its doors. Not many of the old time places left now. I love the new ones, but there’s just something about the older ones. Better try to see what few are left before they’re gone. Or the world ends. (And it’s worth clicking that link just for the very “Old Vegas” looking picture they used in the post.)
- Or maybe the world WILL end. Of course, I considered David Hasselhoff doing “Hooked on a Feeling” to be a sign of the apocalypse, but we’re still here. Or we’ve hit the first circle of Hell.
Ok, that’s five end of the world/apocalypse themed thoughts and I’m off to to find some sort of mischief to get in to.As for your video… the easy one would be REM’s End of the World. We’re not gonna do that. Oh No. If we’re going down, we’re talking everyone with us…
Have a great weekend folks! (However long or short it may be!)