Ok, finally able to get this cranked out. Apologies folks, but it’s going to be a bit more brief than originally intended due to lost time. So to make up some of that lost time, let’s get going shall we? The weekend awaits!
- I know we’re usually kind of weird as it is around here but the other day while walking outside I saw something that made me wonder “Just how in the world did THAT, get HERE?”. We’re talking about a used coffee filter, sitting on a curb in a parking lot. About 200 yards from the closest office building (and probably 225 from the closest coffee maker). It’s not like someone missed the trash on that one.
- Let’s jump to sports for a moment. Something we seem to have opined on quite a bit lately. Sometimes you hear the term “East coast bias” when discussing sports items. Want an example? Take this fun article on Famous names/bloodlines drafted in the recent baseball draft. His #7 pick is the son of a player who “everyday shortstop for the Mets from 1984 to 1987, including their 1986 World Series championship. He also played for the Yankees in 1988”. You know who only made honorable mention? Colin Kaline, grandson of Hall of Famer Al Kaline. A lifetime Tiger. A little east coast/New York bias there? Now, want to see me blow that out of the water? The writer, Steve Henson, is from California. Maybe not so biased, huh? I actually just thought the article was cool so I invented a reason to talk about it.
- Just how cold *is* the water up there anyways? An “extremely rare” blue lobster has been pulled from the ocean up near Prince Edward Island. This follows one being found up there in 2009 as well. Either they aren’t as rare as we’re being told or it’s really freaking cold in the water. And I’m voting cold.
- Have you ever noticed that quite often, if given the chance the people you see out in public acting like complete and utter ignorant, self absorbed, you-know-whats will turn around and remove any doubt? Just like the lady using her phone in a theater in Texas who was shown the door. You really have to listen to the video. So really, Miss? You “didn’t know”? Article says you were warned twice. Was it after the SECOND warning that you STILL didn’t know? And really.. “magnited”? I swear, it’s almost too stupid to believe.
- Phoning in the last one… don’t care. It’s a fun, yet easy one. Summer is here folks! (Well, aside from today, where early spring seems to have made a reappearance after tropical heat)
Why not get out there and have some fun? And what can be more fun than cow chip throws? Or fungus? Duct tape or garlic maybe? What the hell am I talking about? Things that all have their very own festivals! Go, check them out. Someone has to. And it isn’t gonna be me. I have other vacation plans this year.
Ok, that’s five! Apologies again for the delay. We’ll try to get back on schedule for next week. In the meantime, it’s time to get ready for the weekend. And I have a hockey game to watch tonight. In the meantime, let’s pump it up with some Elvis Costello.
Have a great weekend folks!