Wait.. what? It is? No it isn’t! You’re kidding me, it couldn’t already possibly be.. Oh.. I guess it really is, isn’t it? Damn. Wait, what? we’re already.. oh dear.. *ahem*
Hi Folks! And welcome to another edition of Five Thoughts. Heh.. yeah, you aren’t buying it are you? Yeah – we’re running a bit late today. C’est la vie. Let’s get started, shall we?
- I often talk about life getting crazy. And it does. There’s burning the candle at both ends, and then there’s just taking a blow torch to the middle of it. But for all that, I don’t mind “Life getting crazy”, because it sure beats being crazy yourself. And this week, I don’t know if it was a full moon or what – but boy howdy have the loonies come out (And I’m not talking about Canadian dollars!)
Think I’m joking? Explain this headline then…
“Serial Butt Slasher Pursued in Virginia“. Yeah, you read that right.
- So, say you’re a sport that has a little bit of an image problem. Despite your best efforts through the years (including TONS of mainstream success) people still mostly associate you with your good old boy southern roots. How do you fix that? Well, probably not having people like this do an opening prayer might be a good start.
- On a bit of a lighter note – Football’s back! One of the more amusing stories so far involves the Donovan McNabb trade the to Vikings. Why? Because #5 currently belongs to the Vikings punter – Chris Kluwe. And he’s have some fun with it tweeting out things like these:
So here’s the deal. If McNabb comes and wants 5, it’s his, BUT he has to promise to mention Tripping Icarus in at least 5 press conferences.
About to go see Captain America with @Andrew_Reiner. I wonder if I can get the the Captain’s shield in exchange for my #5 from Donovan…
Always fun to see athletes having fun with some of this stuff. It especially beats the “I’ll trade you a vacation to Disney World for your number” stories.
- As a general rule, there are some situations that I try to stay away from (and not make fun of) in this space. Politics and religion are two, and things resulting in someone’s untimely demise can often be another. With this one though, I just can’t do it. This is so out there..
Dude, we get it – you’re grieving. You’re also in flat out denial, apparently. The toxicology said:
“was both drunk and high at the time of the collision”
The husband doesn’t buy it though… He’s SUING THE STATE OF NEW YORK!!! So, The driver was drunk and high, on the worng side of the road… and it’s the states fault?!?!?!
- Ok, this last one isn’t cuckoo crazy, it’s just flat out insane crazy. This should have been filed under “Kiss your rear end goodbye”, but that’s not the case at all. Watch the video to see what I mean.
Ok, that’s five and apparently, I’m on the verge of another weekend! So, we’ll head out with this one and remember folks, it’s never a good idea to do anything that requires starting with the phrase “Hey, hold my beer”!
I know I’ve done – Coming to Take Me Away in this column before, and there was no way I was putting a Britteny Spears video up, so you get this one!
Have a great weekend folks!