Apparently that was not the droid I was looking for…. My droid phone is dead.
Howdy folks, and welcome back to a hijacked “Five Thoughts”. Hijacked, you ask? Well, yes. You see, my brain had gotten ambitious and started writing up a post for today.
Noisy little bugger, ain’t he? Anyhow, let’s get rolling on today’s thought’s shall we?
- I’m writing this post because my brain’s post got lost on the WordPress app for me droid. Apparently when you hit the save button on the droid up, it doesn’t save it to the site. Live and learn on that one. Speaking of cell phones. Holy mother of mercy I didn’t realize how expensive they were when you aren’t re-upping a contract!
- Over the past few months I’ve had several home projects that I needed to hire outside help on. Why do I mention this? I mention it because despite what you hear on the news, the recession is over. How else can you explain businesses standing up customers who are trying to give them their money. Yes, that’s right. I’m trying to hire someone and apparently they have so much business and cash that they do not need or want to take my money. Recession? What recession.
- A disturbing sight the other night at dinner. Now, I’m a firm believer in drinking what you like, and to hell with rules and such. What I saw was probably pushing the limits of that though. A glass of red wine, at a sushi restaurant. I’m sorry, but Blech…. Red wine and fish is just a combination that does not work in my book. I don’t know, maybe they were getting the beef teriyaki.
- Hockey is back. It started last night. I didn’t watch. I’ll admit it I was watching the Yankees bow out of the playoffs. Want to see a line that will churn all winter long in New York? “Jose Valverde striking out Alex Rodriguez to end the game. The punchout officially ended New York’s threat and marked the second year in a row that A-Rod struck out to end the Yankees’ season.” Yeah, that’s not going to sit well with Yankee fans.
- Sticking with baseball here for one last though. Hey TBS? You know that little blue strike zone indicator you put on the screen? I think it’s time to scrap that. Considering that in the games I’ve watched I’ve seen umpires call more strikes on pitches outside that box than in it. Yes, you can argue that the box is where the strike zone “should” be, but there’s “should be” and then there’s thing called reality.
Okay, that’s five thrown together thoughts for today. I’m off to go shopping for a new phone. Oh, and here’s your video. Trying to keep it on topic.
Have a great weekend folks!