Good morning folks, and welcome to another Friday. We’re all still here (again), but someone writing this post is heading out again soon (AGAIN?!?!?!!). Yes, it’s true. Beermaker’s heading out on yet another boondoggle. So, in the interim let’s see what we have going on this week, shall we?
- I’ve come to be amazed at how I’ll put off trying to post to this blog in the later part of the week. I’ll think of something and make a note about it, saying to myself “Well, It’s already (Insert Wednesday or Thursday here) and I’m doing the post on Friday. As a result I actually have a backlog of things that I should really consider working on and posting. I wonder if that’s normal? If it is, it’s one of the few times that word has ever been used to describe me, that’s for sure!
- Wow, that last one was pretty damned self-indulgent, wasn’t it? See, that’s what happens when you have the keys to the place. And, I’m going to continue the theme here for just a little bit. Now, part of this might actually belong on a friends Tantrum blog. But, he hasn’t had a tantrum in a while so I’m just putting it here. Recently I had to employ the services of a plumbing company on an emergency basis, later in the evening. So, to all the people we called who advertised 24/7 emergency service? Here’s the deal. 24/7 emergency service does not mean “Okay, we’ll page dispatch and see if we might be able to get someone out in a couple of hours”. No, nope, nu-uh. It means “Dear God the basement is backing up get your rear ends over here and fix it and I’ll worry about the price later!!!!” So when you tell me it’ll be 15-20 minutes before you can tell me if you can someone out to me, you know what I do in that time? I keep calling your competition until I find one that says “On our way right now”. And they now have some of my money. The money you obviously didn’t need. Have a nice day.
- Changing gears completely now (Well, I guess it still sort of involves water in a way) I had to talk about this today. Why? Well, it’s a historic find for one. Wreckage of a 13th century ship thought to have belonged to Kublai Khan’s invasion fleet has been found. Now, that’s cool enough. And reading the CNN article today, it says it was found in about 25 meters of water. Makes sense, sounds about right. Yesterday though, there was an article on Yahoo. That article doesn’t put the ship in 25 meters of water. It says the ship was 25 meters off the coast of Nagasaki. I’m gonna trust CNN on this one. Why? Because I find it hard to believe that over the course of 700+ years, nobody noticed a shipwreck only about 27 yards off the coast! (Yeah, that’s right. That would be about 82 feet) Nobody went swimming/diving there for all that time? Seems unlike to me.
- With the passing of Steve Jobs, lots of interesting stuff has come out. Being a car guy, I really gravitated to this little nugget when it came up. Steve Jobs driving without a license plate. One of the theories was that it would help avoid being followed or identified. I can by that to an extent. And it might have worked.
Except for those meddling kids.Except for one little thing. Steve Jobs always drove a silver Mercedes. Now, if you changed out colors and models you’d probably be able to avoid detection. But with his approach? You saw a silver Mercedes without a plate, you could ID it as probably being Steve Jobs. Oops.
- You didn’t think you were going to get out of here without me mentioning the 800 pound gorilla of the gaming world announcing its next expansion pack, did you? Hmmm… maybe I should have called them an 800 pound panda.
Hey, I liked Kung Fun Panda.
Okay folks, that’s five and I am literally out of here. Now, there will be border crossings involved this weekend so I will do my best to avoid any international incidents.
In the meantime, considering we talked about a Mongol fleet (well, the wreckage of it) outside of Japan (launched from China), and the latest Blizzard expansion, there was really only one choice for the video choice. Hope it doesn’t get stuck in your head.
Have a great weekend folks!