Howdy folks and welcome to the latest Five Thoughts!
We’re one Friday closer to the end of the year. And we owe this week’s title to some of the questions I’ve been getting about the “Red Solo Cup” song. No, I’m not using it here today. So unless just reading “Red Solo Cup” is enough to stick the song in your head, don’t blame me. Anyways… let’s see what Beer’s Brain has come up with this weekend.
- I have to lead with this one. It’s the holiday season, and I know people are out there celebrating and carrying on. And everyone knows some people are going to get behind the wheel when they shouldn’t. I worry about that, just like everyone else. And most everyone probably knows that the police are out there looking for it. And then there’s this fool. I mean, there’s being drunk and then there’s being so drunk you crash into the sobriety checkpoint.
One word describes that. Dumbass.
- Speaking of drinking, and the Red Solo Cup song – my only real surprise about that song when I think of it isn’t that it got written. It’s that it never got written before now. I mean, the red plastic party cup has been a de facto standard at keggers for how many years/lifetimes now? And only one song?
- In the news this week is word that “Hulk” Hogan is suing his ex-wife for defamation. Now, I don’t really much care one way or the other. I try to stay as far away from all of that reality tv, celebrity worship crap as possible. But reading the headline it made me wonder… You made your name prancing around a wrestling ring in a speedo, ripping your shirt off, grappling with sweaty, fat men. And you made Mr. Nanny. And something in a book by your ex-wife is going to harm your reputation??? I’m confused.
- I’m slowly recovering from my slip and fall incident earlier this week. Even so I have to say that I was less than thrilled to see the fluffy white stuff that led to my little personal crash test had returned this morning. Naturally, even though it wasn’t the first time it’s happened this winter, or even this week… Drivers this morning responded with the predicted amount of “driving like idiots”. Nice to know some things never change. Unless they get worse.
- Lastly, if you grew up watching some of the old holiday specials like Rupdolph the Red nosed Reindeer and the Charlie Brown Christmas special, I have to recommend checking out the Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin & Sammy Davis, Jr. (Holiday) Radio station on Pandora. In addition to the rat pack style songs, you get a pretty good dose of songs you’ll recognize from those shows you watched while growing up. You won’t hear the ads for Dolly Madison snacks though.
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m out of here!
Now, since I promised I wouldn’t go with the Red Solo Cup song, I won’t. And since we’re trying to be a bit festive here. Let’s go with a Christmas song. We’ll see if my co-blogger still feels the same way about this one as he did Last Christmas.
Have a great weekend folks!