I was planning on attempting to be a bit more out there than usual this week, and then my partner in silliness posted that robot video yesterday. I wondered briefly on how he found that but then I realized. I probably DON’T want to know why he was watching videos like that. Anyhow, let’s see what random ramblings we can come up with today to justify the silly title I used.
- I saw this one earlier in the week, and it’s too good to pass up. Especially since I’ve been into a ‘then versus now’ type of mood lately. Not nostalgia per se, just a comparative study. Plus, Heartbreak Ridge was on again last night.
- I’m sitting here still in shock that the Tigers signed Prince Fielder. The sports world seems a bit out of whack lately. Heck, even Peyton Manning, who’s always been fairly quiet and reserved and the owner of the Colts are getting a bit snippy in public. Weird.
- More weirdness.. How often do you see a headline that talks about an Inmate being Arrested. Think about the grammar of that for a second. An inmate, being arrested. For refusing to leave the lockup! The year is young, and only getting weirder.
- I can’t pass this one up. The title alone warrants comment. Potty-room pilfering. Now, the article goes on to talk about how the auto flushers are being stolen, and they mention a handyman who mentioned on a local TV station that they were probably being stolen and sold for scrap due t their components. You know what they don’t talk about in the article though? How it’s happening! I’m pretty sure your customers would notice someone with a toolbox walking in during business hours and taking the flushers. Not to mention all the water the now un-capped pipes would be spewing. (Remember folks – public restroom. Not like there’s a shutoff within reach)
- And one last fun one from the week that really makes you wonder…
Dutch use F-16s to pursue criminal suspect. Yes, a fighter jet. My first thought was, “Damn, that must be one FAST suspect!” Turns out the pilots heard a call to track a fleeing criminal while on a training flight and volunteered to help. I still like my initial thought better. More entertaining, I think.
Okay folks, that’s five all over the map thoughts on a gray, rainy/snowy Friday. I got a request for a song/video to use at the end of this post earlier in the week, and promptly rejected it. Well, not so much rejected the thought of using it, just rejected using it for this post. I had already come up with one to use today. The song that was suggested does have me thinking about a separate post for it though. Before you head out, take a listen to the song in today’s video. Listen to the words. And if you can figure out what the hell they mean, please let us know. Because the first time I heard this song I thought it was a joke of some kind. Ladies and Gentleman… MacArthur Park.
Have a great weekend folks!