Happy New Year Everyone!
Yes, I know that’s several days late. But hey, it’s still my first post of 2012. As you can see from the title, we’re looking to stay away from resolutions here. Now, I do understand them for the most part. The start of a new year seems like a good time to turn over a new leaf, so to speak. Eat better, exercise more, etc., etc.. (And honestly – After the food rampage that runs from Thanksgiving through New Years Day in the states, who couldn’t do with a bit of diet watching and more exercise?). Still, we prefer to be off in our own little corner of the world doing our own thing, and with that said – let’s get started!
- I’ve touched on this before, but I will never, EVER understand people who thing using their brake pedal in their vehicle is the best way to merge onto the expressway. You’re trying to merge in with vehicles traveling far faster than you are by… slowing down. Yeah, makes perfect sense. To them, I guess.
- The NFL playoffs are starting this weekend. And for the first time since the 1990’s, the Detroit Lions are in the playoffs. You know, maybe the Mayans were onto something with this end of the world stuff….
- Talk about a “disturbance in the force”. I’m guessing that’s what you’ll feel if you try the new Darth Vader themed burger mentioned in this article. Well, you’ll probably feel a disturbance, I’ll leave it at that. Also, since this is centered around “The Phantom Menace“, shouldn’t it be named the “We should have just left the whiny little brat in the desert and avoided this whole mess” burger? Okay, yeah. Maybe a shorter name is needed.
- One of the great memes around is that a lot of the videos you see on the internet probably were directly proceeded by something along the lines of “Here, hold my beer”. Why do I mention this? Because a man in Florida (Isn’t it all to often from Florida?) ordered a beer, disappeared for about 30 minute, then came back. After robbing a bank. Which makes me wonder, what the heck kind of beer did he order that he needed to rob a bank to pay for it?
- Lastly, we’re kicking around an idea that could almost be called an anti-resolution. Or at least a campaign. At a time of year when every one else is trying to eat right, lose weight, and get healthy… We’re going to try to.. “Save the coneys!” Stay tuned for details, and more posts.
Okay folks, that’s (a bit tardy) five, and I’m ready to wrap up this first week of the year and shuffle into the weekend. So, once again folks, happy 2012 and we’ll see you soon!
Have a great weekend folks!