Howdy folks, and welcome to a Friday the 13th edition of Five Thoughts. Yeah, I know. Playing up Friday the 13th is a cheap cop out for a subject for today’s post. Well, yes and no. But, I’ll get into that more in the body of the post. Shall we get started?
- Maybe it’s a sign of getting older, but is Friday the 13th even really that big a deal anymore? Seems to me that it used to seem a lot more ominous back when I was younger. It got talked about more. Horror movies would be on TV, that type of thing (As opposed to today, where the television programming basically is a horror). Maybe it’s because they finally stopped with the Friday the 13th movies after, what 127 of them? Just one of those weird things I wonder about from time to time.
- I realized last night, that we are quickly heading into one of the sports “Dead Zones” of the year. With the snoozer (unless you’re an Alabama fan, I guess) of the BCS title game college football is over. A few more weeks and the Superbowl will be played and then the NFL will be done for the season. What does all this incessant babbling mean? It means that if you aren’t into hockey and basketball, there isn’t going to be a heck of a lot, sports wise, to keep up with here very soon.
- Of course, from all endings, can come a beginning. Just as you realize you’re into a sport’s dead zone – the four magic words that signal the coming of summer are nearly ready to be uttered. We are just over a month out from the dates that “Pitchers and Catchers Report“. That’s right, as I sit here watching it snow we are roughly one month from the start of baseball spring training.
- And speaking of snow – here’s a little driving tip for the folks that were having such a hard time of it this morning. It really wasn’t that bad folks, and you’d have known that, and had a much easier drive in, if you had cleared the snow and ice off of your windshield before leaving! Being able to see where you’re going really does make a big difference in your driving experience. Trust me on that one. I’m right.
- Wow, talk about getting sidetracked. I stopped after thought number 4, and suddenly it’s almost lunchtime. Ah well. Crap happens. Don’t believe me? Ask the guys from Lincoln. Who had their shiny new MKZ concept start smoking at the Detroit Auto Show. Right when there was a guy from the newspaper there to catch a video of it. Oops.
Okay folks, that’s slightly tardy on a not very spooky Friday the 13th. I’m off to go do… other stuff. So, off we go with a little music to jam by.
Have a great weekend folks!