Good morning everyone. Silly title today, no? What’s it about? Well, turns out yesterday was Groundhog Day and the little sucker allegedly saw his shadow. I say allegedly because when the report came out, it was still dark where I was so he couldn’t have seen anything. And I’m in the same time zone. So, assuming they’re telling the truth, it means we’re in for six more weeks of the winter that wasn’t (Or at least hasn’t been, up until now). And now, on with today’s post.
- I really, really considered posting an “I got you babe” video yesterday. I even had one picked out that had footage from the movie Groundhog Day. But after the video that went up on Wednesday night, I just couldn’t be that cruel.
- There’s a joke in here somewhere. There’s probably several. And not just the obvious “If you’ve ever been too drunk to” joke about “Being too drunk to drive a Zamboni“. I’m just not sure exactly what to make of this story, so I’ll just leave it at that. The picture of the Zamboni in the article is funny enough to warrant a look on it’s own though. Really guys, a plug on the front of the Zamboni?
- The Rise of the Toilet Texter. This is not me. I don’t ever want this to be me. Seriously, if I’m “taking care of business” so to speak – I DO NOT WANT TO BE USING MY PHONE WHILE DOING IT. What in the hell is wrong with these people? And for the love of God people, I don’t want to be talking to you while YOU are taking a dump either.
- There’s a big football game this weekend. And I always get a kick out of all the advertisements that talk about getting a TV, or chips, or beer, or food, et cetera for the “Big Game” because they aren’t licensed to use the “League copyrighted name” and don’t want to get sued. However, since we’re a non-commercial venture I’m pretty sure we can get away with talking about the Super Bowl. And for the record, I know it’s hard to pick against the Pats, but I like the Giants in this one.
- Just in time for the Super Bowl, there’s an article out from Consumer Reports about Coors Outscoring Bud. Now, I don’t want to go all beer-snob on the article but I loved the line “None of these beers has enough complexity and balance to be excellent, but Coors comes fairly close”. Now really, there are a few important rules about beer at a Superbowl Party but I’ll just hit the most important one. If it’s free, stop complaining and say thank you. Or haul your rear end back up to the store and buy something yourself.
Okay folks, that’s five I’m off to start tailgating for the Superbowl. And since it is Superbowl weekend, I know the Bears aren’t in it – but I couldn’t pass up a chance to use “The Superbowl Shuffle”.
Have a great weekend folks!