Howdy folks, and welcome to another edition of Five Thoughts. Been a bit of a crazy week around here, but we’re finally coming down off of that sugar high from the paczki on Tuesday. With Ash Wednesday this past week, we’re now well into the Easter season. So, let’s roll right on into weirdness and see what we can find this week.
- So, apparently Ash Wednesday was also National Margarita Day. Which was also followed yesterday by National Chili Day. Now, I’m all in favor of chili, and margaritas. But the timing for these days just seems odd to me. I mean yes, margaritas and chili pair nicely together. And that’s what bothers me. Couldn’t we get them moved into early May somehow? We could work out a Margarita Day, Cinqo de Mayo, Chili Day triple-header? Wouldn’t that be a lot more fun? Oh, and I’ve also just been informed that today is National Tortilla Chip day. Let’s move that one, too! Now we’ve got four days to celebrate at the beginning of May. That’s a party!
Damn, now I’m hungry.
- Last night, the Detroit Red Wings lost, at home in a shootout, for the 1st time in 24 games. That’s right, they’re 23-1 in their last 24 home games. Not too shabby. For those of you looking for someone to blame for the loss? You can thank my co-blogger. Who was in attendance at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.
- Every now and then, you hear about this thing called Karma. And every now and then you see some pompous you-know-what who thinks that they don’t have to follow the rules that everyone else plays by. You know the type when you see them cut lines at the store, ignore merge signs on the freeway, or in this case…. decide that the construction warning markers don’t apply to them, only to drive into a patch of still wet concrete! Red?
- Speaking of people Red would apply that particular adjective to, there was an article in USA Today earlier this week about the items confiscated by TSA screeners at airports. Now, I’m not a huge fan of a lot of the TSA process some of it seems to be a bit of draconian overkill. That being said, I’ve never had a problem. Still, reading the article, I just had to shake my head at some of the items listed that people try to carry onto a plane! Folks, if you can’t bring a box cutter or a swiss army knife on board, you sure as hell aren’t going to be able to bring your samurai sword or spear gun on! I’d ask if it’s really that hard to figure out, but obviously, for some people, it is.
- There was something I had thought up to go into one of these spots here this week, but as usually I failed to make an adequate note and now don’t have a clue to what it was I wanted to talk about. Other than thinking at the time that it would be a fun topic. I guess I need to go blogging school and learn how to do this stuff the correct way. Still, I never once claimed to be good at this. In the meantime, I’ll wrap it up for the week. Don’t want to keep anyone from their day jobs. Besides, I have to go put away the snow shovels. I got them back out based on the promise and threat of a ton of snow. We’re talking snow emergency declared, sirens going off, the works. And we got… wet sidewalks at the house. Boo. Missed it again.
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m out of here for the weekend. Got a lot to do, a day trip to attend to, and home improvement and repair projects to try to get to. In the interim, I’ll leave you with this. Because I’ve been wanting to use it for a while now. And since we’re into Lent and people are eating fish on Fridays. It just seems to fit. Sort of.
Have a great weekend folks!