Howdy folks, and welcome to another edition of Five Thoughts. Been a bit of an uneventful week around here. That doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy though. One of the highlights for Beer included a beer that I helped make scoring fairly well in a competition. In fact, it was a beer that came right out of the very barrel we use in the picture on this blog. Enough about that for now though. On to the silly and stuff….
- While watching the Washington Capitals play the Tampa Bay Lightning last night, I was reminded of something that I’ve mentioned before. Damn Dwayne Roloson is a dead ringer for Steve Nash! Check it out here!
- Speaking of things I mentioned before…. I talked about this when I first heard it. Johnny Depp Playing Tonto in a new Lone Ranger movie. I was nervous about it then, after all you’re talking about icons in pop culture Americana. Now I’ve seen a photo. This photo.
To use a quote from another movie franchise….
“I’ve got a bad feeling about this”
- After watching Niklas Kronwall absolutely destroy Jakub Voracek on Tuesday night, the video made the rounds online. Upon seeing it, my co-blogger was moved to right a very accurate post about it the next day entitled “Bad Day at the Office?” where mentions that at least in the office you don’t have to worry about getting run over by a freight train. Which made me think of… Terry Tate.
- This one just made me shake me head when I read it. In the “why did this become an issue NOW” type of way. I mean, for all the years you saw all the “No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service” signs, and the Ohio Statehouse didn’t have a similar rule? I’m pretty sure there’s a joke in there somewhere.
- I’m not going to get political with this one, but an article on CNN today is warning us that “The Government is reading your Tweets!” Oh my goodness! Everybody Panic! Run in multiple directions! Okay, deep breaths now folks. Let’s all get over the indignation that someone DARE READ something that we put out there into the Public Domain. How dare they?!?!? I mean, I only put that tweet out there for everyone to see! How dare they read it?? As for me, I hope they are. I’ll take all the readers I can get!
Okay, that’s five and I’m finished for today. At least here on the blog. There’s still beer to drink, drunken tweets to send (Those are some of the best to read, you know) and projects to work on around the house. Always. They never end, do they? Oh well, such is life. Especially when people are watching you. (Or reading your tweets!)
Have a great weekend folks!