Howdy folks and welcome to another Friday. We made it. And now as a reward, we get to head into one of the craziest weekends we’ve seen in a while. There’s so much going on I’m not even sure where to start or what to talk about this week (St. Patrick’s Day coming up, NFL Free agency, and this tiny little basketball tournament is kicking off). I certainly never settled on any semblance of a theme for this week’s post. Let’s see where we land, shall we?
- I’m gonna take a quick detour and start with this one. Last night there was some pretty nasty weather that hit just west of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Thankfully there were no fatalities. Why do I bring it up? Because from time to time, I like to make fun of some of the idiotic headlines I see in the news. This is one of those times. Apparently CNN still hasn’t gotten the memo about what happened. There’s front page today has a link to a story that says, I kid you not…
“Apparent tornado hits Mich. homes”
Really? “Apparent”? Yes CNN, “Apparently” it was a tornado. And this is what an “Apparent” tornado looks like. Wasn’t hard to find it. The language is a bit crude, you may want to mute it if you’re in an office. More info on the storm here at the Detroit Free Press.
- Going to put this one here for now, because it’s cool looking and fun, and it seems to remind everyone of the Batmobile. I do share one common question with a lot of people though. How does it handle with the front wheels so close together? From the in car video, it seems to do okay.
- Get your green on! St. Patrick’s day is coming up tomorrow. Now, a few words of warning… If you’re planning on partying all day, be careful on what you drink. Think about it. If the drink you have in your hand is named for something meant to do great bodily harm, what do you think the drink is supposed to do? And yes, I’m looking at you Irish Car Bomb. And remember, you’re supposed to WEAR green. Not LOOK GREEN at the end of the night. The next morning? Well, that’s a personal choice.
- I always figured the term “March Madness” was born of the hype and excitement of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
Then one of those stories that you just can’t make up comes along, like this one from USA Today.
Vasectomies up during NCAA basketball tournament
And… suddenly, “Madness” has a new meaning behind it!
- Lastly, spring is coming. Or in some cases already here. Beach season is fast approaching. Why do I bring this up? Because….
“Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water”
It seems, to quote the byline for the article “a report that suggests global warming is sparking an uptick in shark mating”
If that’s true, then at some point… “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9BeGNnCqw”
(Sorry, but there’s no way I’m doing a shark story without busting out that clip)
Okay folks, that’s five and I am off to get a green shirt, some green food coloring, and… oh yeah, green beer! Now I know there’s going to be a lot of invoking of “luck” this weekend. Luck of the Irish, Luck of the draw, teams in the NFL with free agency, and especially teams and fans in the NCAA tournament looking for luck. so I figured I’d work on something “luck” based to close things out.
I came up with Paul McCartney doing “With a Little Luck”
and then I found Loverboy doing “Lucky Ones”
but that still didn’t seem to get the vibe I was going for. Then it hit me. Go for Old Blue Eyes. Luck, be a Lady.
Have a great weekend folks!