Howdy folks, and welcome to Earth Day Friday. Yep, that’s right. We took the easy way out for naming today’s post. What can I say, we’re being lazy. Still, lazy or not, we have a post to get to. Before we see what it ends up looking like, I need to get one thing out of the way for our buddy PB.
So, let’s see what we have today, shall we?
- As I mentioned in the title and the intro, today is Earth Day. Which makes me wonder. What exactly are you supposed to get someone for earth day? Is a bag of top soil appropriate? Or should it be potting soil? Play sand? Clay? Mulch? Why do these types of decisions need to be so stressful, anyways?
- As the NHL postseason wears on, my playoff picks are looking as horrible as they always do. And frankly, I can’t say I’m surprised. As strange as it is to say, my interest in a sport I grew up in and around is waning. And watching the three ring circus that this year’s NHL playoffs have become and reading the running commentary on the joke that league discipline has become.. My attention is just being drawn to other things.
- Dick Clark passed away this week. And I have to agree with my co-blogger who said it was a big loss. It was, with the passing on Dick Clark another small chunk of Americana has passed on. After all, who grew up in the US and hasn’t watched Dick Clark on New Year’s Eve? (Not to mention the other shows he was on throughout the years). Like this one.
- Following up on a Starbucks issue we touched on a few weeks back, it appears Starbucks is going “Bug Free” in their products. Instead switching to a tomato based extract for red coloring. I have to wonder though. Is there a reason their Strawberries and Cream Frappucino can’t use something like STRAWBERRIES for color?
- So apparently, when no one was looking the European debt situation got resolved. How do I know this? Because apparently the biggest news out of Europe today is two countries fighting over the same sausage. I’m not kidding folks. This is the Wurst type of fight!
Slovenia and Austria at odds over sausage.
Thank you, thank you. I’ll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitstaff.
Okay, that’s five folks and I’m ready to cash in the chips! (What’s that? Oh right, that was two weeks ago when the King was filling in. Yes, yes. We did cash them in. Did pretty well, to. What’s that? We’re still typing? Uh-oh…) Uh yeah, sorry folks, got a little distracted there. So as I was saying, that’s five and I’m off to focus on a few other activities. Including deciding on dinner plans to help celebrate yours truly reaching a not so significant milestone (Unless you’re one of the many who thought I’d never make it nearly this long), working out a few last details for an upcoming boondoggle, planning out a brew session or two. Mmmm… beer.As for a clue to the boondoggle? Here you go.
Have a great weekend folks!