Howdy folks, and welcome to another Friday. My my, where does the week go sometimes? (Other than spending too much time at work, working around projects at the house, etc. Well, that… and tinkering around in the brewery trying to come up with new recipes to brew)
So, let’s see what this particular day brings us, shall we? And when we get to the end, we’ll cover what that BP up there in the title really stands for.
- Now I know that this can come across as harsh, or cold… but I’m a big believer in the theory that “Stupid should hurt”. That’s the universe’s way of telling you that you are frankly, being stupid. And I have to say… I think a story about a man being charged after shooting marbles at a police speed cameraprobably fits the bill. Did you not think they would figure out it was you? What part of “camera” made you think they wouldn’t be able to spot you?
- Of course, not to be outdone by their neighbor to the north, 4 people in North Carolina were upset with the quantity of illegal drugs they had purchased and decided to do something about it by calling and complaining. One small problem… the person who they woke up in the middle of the night by calling several times? Turns out he wasn’t the seller of said drugs. Turns out, he was a sheriff’s deputy. This is where we insert the obligatory video of Red saying dumbass.
- Changing gears a bit from stupid to…. well, I’m not entirely sure. You see, it appears the authorities in Vienna, Austria have recently stopped a major crime. The theft of 9.5 tons of garlic. Now, this is one of those articles that really leaves out way too much info. Things like, who in their right mind needs 9.5 tons of garlic? How did they load it all into the vans? And most importantly… what in the world were they planning on cooking with it all?
- Staying on a subject I’m fond of (Food!)… here’s another one that really doesn’t give you enough info. America’s 10 best burger cities. Now, I’m not here to complain about the cities that were picked. I just don’t like the list in general. It doesn’t tell you what the criteria were (personal choice from what I can tell), and it seems to bounce around from In and Out Burger type fare to gourmet burgers. Not really an apples to apples comparison in my book. And for the record, I don’t think it’s important to be a great burger city. I think it’s far more important to know where to get a great burger in the city you’re in!
- Lastly… in the “Am I reading this wrong?” department is an article talking about workers who would give up “free coffee, alcohol and even lunch breaks for the opportunity to work from home, even just once a week“. Wait… I’m on board with giving up the free coffee (The stuff here is horrible anyways, so that’s probably a plus), and I’m okay with the lunch breaks…. but where the heck are these people working that they have alcohol on the job???? Things you need to put into the article, people!
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m done for another week. So, what was the “BP” in the title all about? Well, it sure isn’t about British Petroleum. And it isn’t batting practice, either. No, beach party isn’t it, even if I am seeing the Beach Boys in concert this weekend. BP is Buster Poindexter. Why? Because right now, and for the last few days it has been, and is “Hot! Hot! Hot!”
Have a great weekend folks!