Happy Friday folks! Everyone hungry now? Or wondering what in the heck Beer’s brain is operating on this time? I assure you, even though yesterday was IPA Day, the brain is being powered strictly by coffee/caffeine. It’s been a crazy week, but let’s get to it shall we?
- We’re gonna jump right in this week and lead off with one from our “Stupid *should* hurt department. Yahoo! called it adding insult to injury. I’d say if you hang a fish over the side of your boat with your hand in alligator infested waters, you shouldn’t be surprised when a gator comes by and takes the fish, AND THE HAND HOLDING SAID FISH. Oh, and yes… you should still get charged with breaking the law. No getting around that one, just because you lost your hand.
- With the Olympics in full swing, it’s only natural that we cover an Olympic story this week, don’t you think? Of course, we can’t go for the obvious. No, we’re not going to cover the badminton scandal that’s rocked the games either. Actually, we’re not going to cover anything directly from the games. You see, I’m not sure if this should go in the “You’re not real bright, are you?” category or the “Surely you can’t be serious” category. Either way, the story of a man who got so inspired by the Olympics he attempted to swim from France to New York City would fit into one and/or both of them.
- The sad thing about these Olympics? They’re probably the last remaining buffer we have against the onslaught of US election coverage that’s already started. Once the games end, we’ll have to fend for ourselves until the elections actually occur in November. That being said, every once in a while some of the political stories are good for a laugh. Like this one, which details Mitt Romney losing out on the all important endorsement of adult film star Ron Jeremey. You know, I’m not sure that’s a voting block he was going for, anyways…
- Some people see this article and marvel at the Air Force tracking every bomb ever dropped. And indeed, that’s actually kind of cool that they can do that (Track them, not drop them. When you get to the point of dropping bombs on other people, well… that’s never a good thing in the grand scheme of things)…. anyways, I don’t look it and think about that. I look at it and think… how exactly do you train/qualify for a job like that? Yes, I know… I’m weird.
- Since we’re talking about tracking things down… let’s close on a similar note. Since we’ve well established that Beer’s brain is wired a bit differently it should come as no surprise that I find something like this to be pretty cool. And since I get to write this piece, I get to include this one. Apollo Moon Landing Flags Still Standing, Photos Reveal. I dunno, I know it’s kind of geeky, but I think there’s a couple of cool aspects to that story. First, the fact that the flags are still standing (I can’t imagine they look very good anymore though), and second – that they can even get pictures of a high enough resolution to make that determination. Again, I know… geeky.
Okay folks, that’s five and I need to get out of here. No, Beer’s not heading off on another boondoggle just yet, that comes in a few weeks. No, I’ve got to get out of here so I can go hit up the car show/concert/carnival/festival that’s going on in town tonight. It’s a can’t miss. And besides all the bratwurst, hot dogs, corn on the cob and other assorted foods (Don’t miss the Polish tent!) There’s also the all important Beer tent! So if you need to find me… I’d start looking there. And tomorrow night? Fireworks! And Low Rider! Yep, War is playing tomorrow night. I just need to talk somebody into doing the Nic Cage Gone in 60 Seconds Low Rider hands when they play it.
And of course, the original…..
Have a great weekend folks!