Good morning folks, and Happy Friday. Once again it appears that we’re all over the map this morning. And that’s fine, considering that people were all over the road on my drive in this morning. You’d have thought it was ice and sleet, not rain the way they were driving (and crashing). Fortunately, I managed to navigate all of that. So… on with the show!
- The NFL is in full swing, and even though we’re officially in week 2 (With the Packers beating the Bears last night) I’m going to focus on something from week 1. Now, every week/year in the NFL there’s something that gets focused on. I understand that. But the pants?
New NFL Pants Offer A Surprising Look
Mr. Cameraman? Did you *really* need to focus on THIS?
- Hehehe… Okay, now that we’ve established which direction we’re taking today’s post… Let’s take this chance to remind everyone that when you run spell check, it makes sure all the words are spelled correctly. Even if it wasn’t the word you meant to use. So when you’re making a sign for the local high school… Oops. If you look at it and don’t get it right away.. take your time and spell out all the words you think you see.
- That last one reminds me of a line from “The Princess Bride”. “You keep using that word…”
Why to I bring that up here? Because in the “Holy misleading headline, Batman!” department. Today on Yahoo! there was an article about Mandy Patinkin. The headline read “Actor slams TV show that made him famous“. Which made me think… That’s not why he’s famous! THIS is why he’s famous!
- Also in the news this week, an apology. Now, I’m not going to veer into politics here (I’d rather veer into oncoming traffic, first), but the DNC apologized for an error in its segment where it was honoring veterans at the democratic convention. Now, I’m going to write this off as an honest / innocent mistake. Because I wouldn’t have noticed it, wouldn’t have known. What this is… is a reminder to the rest of us. When doing a big, high-profile event.. make sure you know your audience, and check and double-check your facts. And your graphics. That way, when you’re putting together a presentation honoring American Veterans, you don’t put a graphic of RUSSIAN warships up on the screen behind them. Because you or I may not notice, but you can be darned sure the Navy veterans whose job it was to know about those ships certainly will! (Fortunately, here at The Beerbarrel we don’t think we’ll ever have to worry about doing anything high-profile!)
- And lastly for the week…. because I can… and because it’s cool. A real life Hot Wheels corkscrew jump! I think that says everything that needs to be covered right there.
Okay folks, that’s five thoughts and I’m about to phone it in for the rest of the day. After all, I need to get ready to make more beer this weekend! Yes, it’s probably safe to say Beermaker has been on a beer making rampage lately (and yes, I’m counting this last part as yet another post that I’ve managed to work a beer reference into). And who doesn’t love a good Rampage? (See what I did there? Used to love that game.)
Have a great weekend folks!