Good morning folks, and welcome to another edition of Five Thoughts. The easy thing to do would be to bust out the “I can’t believe it’s Friday again already” line, but… I can. That being said, I got a bit of a chuckle when I realized I was writing a five thoughts post on the fifth. And that’s how we got the title today, it isn’t (unfortunately) any reference to alcohol. Even more so, it isn’t a reference to me having drank a five of something before starting to write. I’m guessing that would get messy, and not end well. So, what are we going to write about today? Let’s find out!
- Someone has it in for breakfast. First it was the bacon shortage, now it’s the Maple Syrup! Fortunately, 600 barrels of maple syrup have been recovered after being stolen. It does beg the question though, how exactly DOES one go about stealing 600 hundred barrels of maple syrup. And how do you hide it once you do?
- I was happy to hear a bit about this. Frankly though, I don’t think the punishment is severe enough. Mostly because I’ve been on the receiving end of phone calls from friends and family that have fallen for the scam the lady was running. I expect there’s a special corner of hell for people like this though. Preferably somewhere where they’ll spend eternity alternately hearing “Friday” and “Gangnam Style” over and over. Or anything else suitably annoying.
- I like this story, I think it’s funny. And amazing. Someone decided it would be a good idea to grow roughly 1500 marijuana plants in the city of Chicago. I mean, that’s pretty brazen. And the police have apparently started chopping them down. I keep waiting for the last part of the story though. You know, the part where you here about a huge fire in Chicago… followed by a run on Twinkies and Doritos.
- I have to include this one just for the pictures in the article. Now, I want to be clear on something – I think I’ve made it clear in the past that I believe stupid SHOULD hurt. After all, it’s the world’s way of telling you that you’re being an idiot. And hiring someone to inject fix-a-flat into your ass is patently stupid. That someone passed away from it is still sad, though.
- As we head into the weekend, I can’t help notice how ugly the conversation is getting as everyone keeps talking about the big debate. Folks, it’s okay to have differing opinions on the two candidates, but you don’t need to tear one down just because you prefer the other. And people are allowed to prefer the other guy for whichever reason they choose. Launching into personal attacks against people who don’t support your guy? I just don’t get it. Personally, I know who I’d vote for. And while I’m at it, congratulations to Miguel Cabrera, the player who would get my MVP vote, for winning the American League Triple Crown. What, you thought I was talking about something else?
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m off to do a little Oktoberfest reveling. So, I’m going to cut it short and head out with this one in honor of the MLB playoffs starting today. Put me in coach!
Have a great weekend folks!