Happy Friday folks! We were going to lead off with a “Cleaning House” Edition but I didn’t want anyone thinking that we were looking to fire anyone. Nope, that’s not the case at all. It’s just been a bit of a quiet week here so I figured I’d take the chance to tidy up a few loose ends and all. So, let’s see what we can dust off for today….
- I’m not a big east coast vs west coast type of guy. Probably because I don’t really consider myself ‘from’ either of them. But as someone who does reside in the eastern time zone, I do want to point out that the folks out west have a distinct advantage when watching the late start MLB playoff games like I did last night. Sheesh….
- Back in August I posted the “Beer and Brownie” edition of Five Thoughts. Well, I made the beer. And my friend Kirsten at Comfortably Domestic made black and tan brownies with it. And I got to try them. And, to borrow a line from Seinfeld… “They’re real, and they’re spectacular”
- Speaking of beer, I’m all for going out and getting a beer… hopping on your bike while wielding a machete to crash a young girls’ birthday party is a bit much. But when you see the first word in the body of the article it starts to make more sense. That word? Florida. Why is it always Florida?
- Since we’ve talked about beer, and brownies (made with beer), why not throw in some chocolate, too? Especially when we’re talking about a headline like this… “Eat more chocolate, win more Nobels?” I think we’ve now hit the trifecta today… Beer, Brownies, and Chocolate.
- One of my co-bloggers has taken up posting old school TV commercials once a week on twitter. I keep telling him he needs to do it as a blog feature (hint, hint). He hasn’t been listening to me, so I guess it’s time to retaliate the only way I know how. Boondoggle Time! That’s right, Beer has planned not one, not two, but THREE boondoggles before the end of the year. I’m going to make him write one way of the other. He’ll like that. So, in the upcoming weeks, which location is more likely to generate boondoggle stories:
Toronto, Chicago, or Myrtle Beach? We’re about to find out. And yes, some of these boondoggles are beer related. More to follow as the boondoggles occur.
Okay, that’s a somewhat subdued five on a day when I’m operating on less than enough sleep but that’s alright, we’re off to enjoy the weekend. This isn’t the end of the line, it’s the starting line!
Have a great weekend folks!