Howdy folks, and happy Friday. Here we are at the start of yet another weekend, and Beer’s likely last post before yet another boondoggle (That right! You get a guest writer next week!), so what’s on the agenda this week? Let’s get started and find out, shall we?
- Let’s drop this one in right off the bat. This one went down last Sunday, so we’re just getting a chance to talk about it now, but Felix Baumgartner is the man. Period. End of discussion. When you jump from the edge of space back down to earth with only a parachute, you win. (See what I did there? “Drop in”? “Went Down”? Get it? No? Okay, nevermind.)
- Almost equally impressive, if possible, was the speed at which a Lego recreation of the Stratos jump made its way online. Impressive and disturbing at the same time. Someone apparently has a LOT of Legos. And too much time on their hands.
- While we’re on the subject of jumps and jumping. There are jumps you want to see, and jumps you don’t want to see. And a 600 pound marlin jumping INTO the boat is definitely on the “Don’t want to see” list. Unless you’re watching it on the video.
- There’s some crude language at one point, so you might want to turn the sound down for this next one. But talk about a jump (Or more specifically, a cannonball dive) gone wrong…
- Lastly, there was some jumping around last night. As you may, or may not have based on the near exclusive coverage of the losing team on national radio programs, heard about the Detroit Tigers sweeping the New York Yankees. When the game ended, there was indeed much jumping. And one spike. No, not a baseball spike. In a game decided by 7 runs, as the final out was recorded, Phil Coke spiked his baseball glove like a football. Yep. As they advanced to the World Series… the term to use was… Touchdown Phil Coke!
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m off to enjoy a (hopefully!) quiet weekend. See you after the boondoggle! In the mean time, keep jumping around!
Have a great weekend folks!