Hello folks and welcome to an OriginalPB version of Five Thoughts on a Friday. I have the honor because Beer was off….talking beer of all things and the King was…..well I’m not sure what he was up to. Oh well let’s see what’s on tap (that was for Beer) for today shall we?
1. In honor of the title this one really hits on the seriously portion. I have arm wrestled just like most boys have done. It is even more entertaining when two women are arm wrestling. Thing is when people are doing a fund-raiser you should not try to break their arm when you lose in the first round match. Seriously?!
2. Not only is this a moment when pucker factor is a 9 out of 10 but after everything is done a huge Seriously?! moment as well. I feel sorry for this guy to a small point. If your brakes fail don’t try to go all Fred Flintson and stop your truck going down hill with your feet. Not only did he get a roadrash, not only did he get run over by his truck after he (imagine this) couldn’t stop it, but he gets a ticket. I think everyone should have theme music they play when they get into their vehicle. Ah I can hear the music playing right.
3. I know that my fellow bloggers think I dumb it down and go for the easy one sometimes but this is a huge SERIOUSLY?! moment in time. Mix theme park with something every human does on a daily basis and you get a Toilet Theme Park in South Korea. One man’s vision is another man’s ugh moment. Wonder if the ride lines are long? What a crappy way to spend a day eh?
4. This is not just a Seriously?! moment but a what the hell do we have here one as well. While I am all for animal control especially in light of certain creatures that can swallow a dog. Imagine you are out hunting for pythons in the Everglades and find one in its hole. You start to pull it out with your partner and keep pulling, and pulling, and pulling until finally you have a 16 foot long python. Bet it looked like a clown car.
5. Finally as most of America has heard there was a little thing called the Power Ball in the news this week. Seems that the total was over $500 million. One person came running forward to claim the prize but one still remains at large. They have surveillance video of the person they suspect is the winner. This is exactly why people ask “Why are we treating this person like they just stole sub or something?” Seriously?! This is not the “Hunt For Red October” or anything this is a lottery winner.
Well folks that’s it for this Friday. In honor of the guy that tried to rob a 7-11 nude (Seriously?!) this song was most likely his theme song
Good morning everyone, and welcome to a another off the wall edition of five thoughts. Odds are most of you are (Or already done with) shopping at the moment – me, no shopping here. I’m hoping to see red by the end of the day, not black. Red as in red ale – which is what I’m off brewing as you’re likely reading this. So, since we all have other things to get done today let get started!
- A lot of ends seem to once popular things lately. Even thought it looked like it would live up to its famous reputation and prove nothing can kill a Twinkie when a judge ordered mediation for Hostess, it sadly didn’t work and Hostess will now go out of business (Trust me though, the Twinkie isn’t going anywhere – someone will get the iconic junk food back on the market)
- Turns out the end has come for the show “Dirty Jobs” as well. I just wonder – who got the “dirty job” of telling the host of Dirty Jobs that the show was being cancelled? And still, while I’m sure no one likes to be told their show has been cancelled, Mike Rowe is probably privately happy to not have to be dealing with poop on a regular basis for the show anymore.
- So as I said earlier, no shopping for me today (Other than needing to run out and get some more coffee for the house later today). I’m happily making beer and avoiding the
crazies crowds. Now, I know there are some “deals” to be had – but can we honestly discuss one question here? If you had to take 2 days off of work, camp out, and miss Thanksgiving dinner, all in the name of saving a couple hundred dollars on a TV… how much did you really cost yourself?
- Ah, Florida. You’ve given us so much. Including this wonderful vehicle, and the debate about it that followed.
We really might need to consider making you your own country, or something.
- It is the day after Thanksgiving. As of sundown last night, it is now officially acceptable to play Christmas music and turn on all the lights. That is all.
Okay folks, that’s a quick five thoughts, and I need to go check on the beer that’s currently mashing in. Have a great day! And since I did say that it was officially Christmas Time.
Have a great weekend folks!
Howdy folks, and welcome to the latest in our ongoing mockery of the writing skills we were supposed to have learned while we were in school. Hopefully this post finds you all safe and sound, it being the day after deer season officially opened here at home (True, bow season has been open for a bit – but the big one is always firearm season). Anyhow, PB may be out in the woods today, but I’m here, so let’s see what we can come up with. Before we start though… we secretly recorded PB heading out to the woods on his last hunting trip…
- Let’s start right out in the “You’re not real bright, are you?” department. Most people would agree, the best way to resolve differences in a negotiation is to keep working to find middle ground. So naturally, the NHL is talking about taking a 2 week break from labor negations to end their lockout. I swear, you couldn’t make this stuff up if you were writing a comedy! Talk about a joke of a league. And oddly enough, I’m not missing them. In fact, at this point I hope they stay locked out. These types of stories are FAR more entertaining than the actual games.
- One of my partners in crime like to post a “Retro Commercial of the Wee” on twitter every now and then. Well, here’s one for the week in honor of the dearly departed “Twinkie the Kid“. Yes, it’s true – Hostess is going out of business, and with them go the Twinkies. (Didn’t someone tell them that two states just legalized pot? All they needed to do was hang on a little bit longer! I kid! I kid!) Seriously, though – guess they’ll have to keep finding new things to deep fry at the Texas State Fair!
- For the next one, we’ll move into the “I have no words” type of find. I mean, there’s drunk, there’s really drunk, and then there’s “I was so damned smashed I didn’t think having a dead skunk in the car with me was abnormal drunk!” I’m just surprised it wasn’t in Florida.
- Changing gears completely, we need to touch on a serious issue. I’m talking about the War on Thanksgiving. Oh yeah, you know what I’m referring to. Those Christmas decorations that have been in the store since before Halloween. The Christmas music on the radio already. And even the fight on the second front that Turkey day is now losing. Yes, I’m referring to Black Friday Creep. It’s no longer enough to open your doors at midnight or 4 am on Black Friday – Oh no, now there are sales on Thursday morning! Well, one group is trying to fight back. And they have my support. I won’t be shopping at all on Thursday or Friday! (As long as buying drinks at the bar doesn’t count!)
- Lastly, there’s a certain irony to this one. Here’s the lead line from the article: “A European official says her staff members were hacked when they joined her for a conference on Internet security in Azerbaijan.” That’s right. They were at a conference about Internet security, when their computers were hacked. Maybe they need to go to a couple more conferences, you think?
Okay folks, that’s an oddball five for this week and I’m out of here. No, I’m not heading for the woods. But in honor of all those who are, just remember… we all know what really goes on at there!
Have a great weekend folks!
Posted in Feature
Tagged Black Friday, Deep Fry, Drunk, Features, Five Thoughts, Food, From Beermaker's Brain, From the News, hockey, NFL, NHL, Thanksgiving, Twinkies