Happy Friday folks, and welcome to this week’s edition of Five Thoughts. A big thanks to PB for filling in for me last week as I was off boondoggling (I’m not even sure if boondoggle is a word, so I’m not gonna ask about ‘boondoggling’) around in a foreign country. But, we’re back now and ready to have a bit of fun, so let’s get at it, shall we?
- In case you were under a rock for the past week or so… There was a teeny tiny weather event. Heck, we got walloped by it in Michigan! Thankfully, our cleanup isn’t / wasn’t too bad. What I want to know though, who decided we should call it “Superstorm“? Is “Death Storm” reserved for blizzards that never happen during the winter? “Stormpocalypse” too played out? Oh, wand what was wrong with “Hurricane?
- Speaking of cleaning up, I was looking through the spam folder here on the blog. Some of them are classics worth reading, once you remove all the scheming, scamming links they try to include. A few recent favorites:
“I did then again experience some technical issues the use of this web site, as I skilled to reload the site a lot of occasions prior to”
“What would you recommend about your post that you made a few days ago? Any positive?”
“My brother suggested I might like this blog. He used to be entirely right. This post actually made my day. You can not believe simply how much time I had spent for this info!”
And my personal favorite….
“Can I am getting your associate hyperlink on your host?”
- Heh, you know, you read things like that and you wonder how someone can even type that stuff out (Even if they don’t understand the English language at all). And then you come across something like this, and you realize that the people writing those comments, are the same people you share the roads with on a daily basis. Want proof?
- Circling back around the big storm, you’ve probably seen bunches of photos. Including a lot of fakes. Not on that list, and not really “fake” but rather inaccurate, is the photo of the Marines guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier. It’s real, it just wasn’t taken during the storm.
- And changing gears completely, that disturbance you felt earlier this week? That wasn’t the storm. Or an earthquake. It was the inevitable happening. That right. Darth Mickey has purchased Star Wars (And Indiana Jones, and Lucasfilms, and Industrial Light and Magic), and announced they’re doing new movies. I always knew that Mouse was out to rule the world.
Okay folks, that’s a scatterbrained five for this week, and we’re rolling on into the weekend. Now, before we leave – let me remind you all that tomorrow is “Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day“. So, teach your friends how to make beer tomorrow. Although, if you don’t already know how…. maybe just take your friends with you to go learn from someone who does. Trust me, it’ll work out better that way. Okay folks, in the meantime, time to Clean some more!
Have a great weekend folks!