Hello folks, and welcome to this week’s installment of Five Thoughts. And what a week it’s been. Since we’re a bit pressed for time this week, I hope you pardon the stripped down chatter as we jump right in…
- Unless you’ve been living under a rock, and probably even if you have been… you’re probably aware of the fact that there was a minor election in the United States on Thursday. And all I can say is, based on the amount of robo-calls I got in our “non-battleground” state, I’d have probably ended up in jail if I lived in a actual battleground state. Really, you honestly believe having a machine call me at 7am on the weekend is going to increase the likelihood I’ll vote for your candidate? You’re not real bright, are you?
- Speaking of not real bright, I’m not sure which is the greater indication that someone’s not… The fact that they drove on a sidewalk to avoid a stopped school bus, or the fact that even though they were caught on video (And promptly pulled over!) they tried to plead not guilty! Anyway, I have to say I’m a fan of the sentence handed down. The judge is making her wear a sign! What’s it say? “Only an idiot drives on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus.” Love it! And of course, it also gives me a chance to use this.
- Changing gears completely (Well, I suppose some people might think it’s stupid so they might see a smooth transition), I’m putting this one in here simply because I think it’s cool. What is it? It’s a concrete sculpture of an original VW Beetle being used as a piece of coral. And here is how it came to be.
- Speaking of water. I have to wonder… Why does someone look at a body of water and say.. “You know, I’d really like to try to ride a motorcycle across that“? But.. He did.
- Lastly, as we close in on the Thanksgiving holiday here in the states, you know that holiday in November that’s getting squeezed out by Christmas (Which has now crept up towards labor day!), I thought it might be a good time to start planning out what to have (Besides turkey, of course!). And it seems the folks over at craftbeer.com had the same idea in a recent newsletter. Wait… delicious Thanksgiving type food, and beer, all in one handy place? I’m in!
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m out of here. Lots to do this weekend. Much of it involving beer. And with a nickname like Beermaker, you can probably imagine… I’m pretty good at drinking beer.
Have a great weekend folks!