Good morning everyone, and welcome to a another off the wall edition of five thoughts. Odds are most of you are (Or already done with) shopping at the moment – me, no shopping here. I’m hoping to see red by the end of the day, not black. Red as in red ale – which is what I’m off brewing as you’re likely reading this. So, since we all have other things to get done today let get started!
- A lot of ends seem to once popular things lately. Even thought it looked like it would live up to its famous reputation and prove nothing can kill a Twinkie when a judge ordered mediation for Hostess, it sadly didn’t work and Hostess will now go out of business (Trust me though, the Twinkie isn’t going anywhere – someone will get the iconic junk food back on the market)
- Turns out the end has come for the show “Dirty Jobs” as well. I just wonder – who got the “dirty job” of telling the host of Dirty Jobs that the show was being cancelled? And still, while I’m sure no one likes to be told their show has been cancelled, Mike Rowe is probably privately happy to not have to be dealing with poop on a regular basis for the show anymore.
- So as I said earlier, no shopping for me today (Other than needing to run out and get some more coffee for the house later today). I’m happily making beer and avoiding the
craziescrowds. Now, I know there are some “deals” to be had – but can we honestly discuss one question here? If you had to take 2 days off of work, camp out, and miss Thanksgiving dinner, all in the name of saving a couple hundred dollars on a TV… how much did you really cost yourself?
- Ah, Florida. You’ve given us so much. Including this wonderful vehicle, and the debate about it that followed.
We really might need to consider making you your own country, or something.
- It is the day after Thanksgiving. As of sundown last night, it is now officially acceptable to play Christmas music and turn on all the lights. That is all.
Okay folks, that’s a quick five thoughts, and I need to go check on the beer that’s currently mashing in. Have a great day! And since I did say that it was officially Christmas Time.
Have a great weekend folks!