Good morning everyone, and welcome to December 21st!
Seems there was a bit of false advertising about the end of the world, huh? Ah well, that just means everyone needs to finish their shopping now. As for me, I’m gonna rush through this just a bit, just so I can jet out on a holiday boondoggle!
- Well, we may not have seen the end of the world, but we may well be seeing the end of Instagram. I mean, wow… how no one at Instagram saw a major backlash coming when they published their (Since revised again) updated terms of service with a line that most everyone took to mean “We have the right to sell any photo you upload without credit or payment to you”… well, wow. Not real bright, are they?
- You know, I’m usually a fan of people who go all Clark Griswold and do up the lights, regardless of their motives. But this lady, she just doesn’t get it. It’s the “holiday season” folks. You may not believe in all of them, or even any of them. But when you’re using your holiday light display to flip off your neighbors? You really don’t get it. Peace on Earth? Goodwill towards man? Aren’t those what it’s supposed to be about this time of year? Ah well.
- Since it is the holiday season – there’s one holiday tradition that seems to be the bane of nearly everyone’s existence this time of year. Yes, we’re talking about the fruitcake. They aren’t all bad though. And some are downright sought after. Especially the ones made by monks in Missouri. No I am not making that up, or confusing it with a Jimmy Buffett song.
- On a completely different note… I’ll just leave this one right here with precious little additional comment. It seems that in Australia…”An Australian court has ruled that a bureaucrat who was injured while having sex on a business trip is eligible for worker’s compensation benefits“.
- And lastly, I want to wish everyone a safe a happy, merry Christmas. And like I said last year – even if you don’t observe or celebrate Christmas, I hope you have a Merry Christmas anyways. Why? because if you do, it means you’ve probably had a pretty good day. And we can all use a few of those now and then.
Okay, that’s five and I’m out of here. I’m off to find a mis-scheduled doomsday party or something. That, and I’m going to leave while keeping a promise I made to myself. When I realized that the 21st I realized that there will probably be a certain REM song that is entirely overplayed today. Now, I may be looking for a Party at the End of the World, but I’m not using that one. I prefer something a bit more festive. Later folks!
Merry Christmas everyone!