Good morning folks and welcome to this week’s Five Thoughts. As the title suggests, you’ve got me in full Boondoggle mode again. Where am I off to now? Well, the title should give a bit of a blatant hint, but if that doesn’t do it, just read on till the end and we’ll remove all doubt. Now, let’s see what’s up for today’s post!
- It’s usually not too hard to get people to roll their eyes or see them suffer a shiver running down their spine. All it usually takes is one word. Florida. But well, this time there’s more. As in an 800 person “python challenge” in the Everglades. Now before anyone gets too worried, there is some training required. “The training came down to common sense: Drink water, wear sunscreen, don’t get bitten by anything and don’t shoot anyone.” Now, I’d like to think that “Don’t shoot anyone” would be common sense, but again… Florida.
- Under the heading of “Your brilliant plan… You did not think it through”, we bring you the article about the woman who was arrested for stalking herself. There’s that lack of common sense thing again. Surprisingly, this one was NOT in Florida (Or would that be disturbingly?)
- The joke has been around for ages. Now Subway is getting drawn into the joke. What am I talking about? Well, it would appear that some of the Subway Footlongs, may not actually be a foot long. And that’s as close to that joke as I’m going to get in this post. I’m sure you can figure it out.
- And back down to Florida again, it appears there was what is being described as anywhere from a “Collision” to “clipping of wings” between two jet airliners at Miami International Airport. Good news, no one was hurt. But we did learn something though. What was it? Well, based on this line in the Detroit News article… “The Herald reports the passengers arriving from Argentina were allowed to get off the plane at the gate. The passengers heading to France had to pick up their luggage and wait in long lines to reschedule their flights.” Apparently it’s better to have your plane collide with another once you’ve arrived at your destination!
- I have to say I’ve been impressed with my picks so far for the NFL playoffs. The fact that I’m hanging on at the .500 mark is something I find impressive, considering that as much as I enjoy watching football, I don’t follow it all that closely all year long and really don’t know much of anything about the teams in the playoffs – other than most of them could (or did) beat the Lions this year.
Okay, that’s five and I can now set my otherwise occupied mind to some other tasks. Like concentrating on being in vacation mode. You see, after yesterdays picks to see who gets to go to New Orleans, well…. Lets just say I already know someone who’s going for sure. Yep. You see, I know this great place to get some cajun food…. Yep. Beer’s off to New Orleans! Cajun food and zydeco jazz here I come. In the meantime, just like the title of this post says… Let the Good Times Roll! I’ll save the zydeco for when I get back!
Have a great weekend folks!